Do people still call 900 numbers?

I was flipping thru the Observer today and noticed that there are still a good number of 900/976 numbers still in operation?

I thought those went out with the internet? Why would anyone still use them if you can get a high-def webcam? Between webcam models and the lovely ladies on here, why would you get off on a PHONE CALL?

It puzzles me!
the universal subject of sexual arousal is a puzzler.. I consider myself well-rounded, into lots of things, but there's mountains of shit I wouldn't touch or get even slightly aroused from.. 900 numbers among them.. WTF? I assume it's an aural delight, the guy makes his sexual satisfaction in his head, which in turn engorges his genitalia.. it's weird to me.
I bet not many around tho. Internet is where it's at!
before all the Match.com
I did a ad for a 900 number for dating
you call in and $2 a min you get a lady to talk to ..
the ad run for years .. I should see if they still use my photo lol
was back in 1999
I was flipping thru the Observer today... Originally Posted by Iron Chef
If anyone is going to go old school and call a number, it would be someone flipping through the paper. That's probably the only place they advertise.
Well, if one is puzzled by the notion of phone sex, it probably isn't worth trying it out. But don't be fooled. Even though it seems like a dated way to get off, there is no shortage of folks who really love it. There are virtual sex workers who make use of NiteFlirt and other similar platforms.

To me, the throwback vibe is part of the appeal. One of my favorite adult industry meets popular culture moments was Spike Lee's Girl 6. (It's a cult classic and iconic in a it's so horrendous it's amazing kind of way.) Whenever I've had phone sex in recent times, it's so hot imaging a quintessential dirty old man calling me because he's near the point of becoming totally unraveled as he can't find any outlets for his depraved fantasies... and of course I come to his aid with my sultry voice and dirty imagination. It feels so seedy!

We humans are visual beings, still I know there are others like myself who can feel intense arousal from aural stimulation and exercising the mind to conjure the sights of a scenario.