If she's told you her RL name, is it okay to use it?

This comment http://eccie.net/showpost.php?p=1055011378&postcount=10 caused a question to pop into my mind. If a provider has "dropped handles" with a client and told him her real name, is it okay to address her by that during a professional encounter, or, more particularly, to scream it, rather than her working name, to the heavens as you "cross the threshold," so to speak?
Just call her "baby"
Once I know a provider's real name, I immediately try to forget it. For her sake.

I think we're better off sticking with hobby names (and I'm not talking about board handles), and I make a point of continuing to call my temporary girlfriends by their hobby names even after I learn their real names (it seems to slip out all the time, for one reason or another, and I slip up with my own real first name occasionally when speaking in the third person -- which is a bad idea to begin with, lol...anybody pretentious enough to regularly refer to themselves in the third person is prolly deserving of a lil' bad hobby karma), just to make sure I don't slip up and say her real name in front of other members of the community. Refusing to call her by her real name doesn't mean that I'm not fond of her. Quite the opposite. The problem, again, is that I might slip and use it in front of the wrong person, and a little information can go a long way with somebody who is bound and determined to invade someone else's privacy. If they get that little tidbit of information from me (a "real" first name), they can combine it with something else they gleaned from other sources. Then, before you know it, PRESTO -- anonymity gone in the blink of an eye. We have a lot of jealousy on this board (both between providers and, in some instances, between hobbyists who think they somehow are better at renting trim than the next guy, lol), so it's an all too real danger.

In other words, +1 to what OBSG wrote, lol.
Hell naw. I hate that "name dropping" shit. That's uncool. In this hobby anonymity is gold. I'd be pissed as fuck if a chick called me by my govt name on here.
Hell naw. I hate that "name dropping" shit. That's uncool. Originally Posted by str8.2.bbbj
Well, for starters, there are plenty of clients who regularly use their real first names in the hobby.

Second, for some of participants on both sides, particularly those who have regular P4P relationships, the revelation of a real first name is not something done cavalierly. It's a sign that you've earned some degree of trust.

In this hobby anonymity is gold. I'd be pissed as fuck if a chick called me by my govt name on here.
Whether it's okay for her to call you by your government name on ECCIE wasn't the question.

Really, I suppose the question should be rephrased: Ladies, once you've told a client your RL name, is it okay with you if he uses it during an appointment, particularly at the climax of the appointment? More broadly, when would it be okay to address you by your RL name? eccienewbie's concerns are noted; let's assume for the sake of discussion that your client has no social or business interactions through which your confidentiality may be accidentally or purposefully breached.
In a session, that shit is cool. But I wouldn't want a chick calling me by my GOVERNMENT NAME on Eccie. And I'm sure that the ladies on here wouldn't want that UNLESS they personally use their first name on here.

And while you're bumpin, I've seen various cases on Eccie where a guy has called a lady by her real name.
I think using or saying a ladys name in a sexual moment of passion is towing the line too much for comfort.
  • L.A.
  • 02-23-2014, 08:34 PM
In session or by text I like when my real name is used. I rarely use the provider's real name if I even know it.
I'm whatever. "Jaime", "Nurse", "Whore", "Slut", "Princess", "Fcukin-a son of a Bitch you naughty girl"...I respond to them all.
What?? We're not supposed to use our real first names as handles???? Why didn't somebody tell me that!?!

Use the ladies' real first names if y'all wanna date.
I use the handles for the fantasy appointments.
Name dropping is a trust thing. Only first names though and only with your ATFs if they offer first! Some providers use their real first names in their handles anyway........ I don't ask........ If you have a p411 your first name is available anyway, it's in your client ID..
There is a few guys who know my real name and I don't mind them using it but I do know when guy who knows a lot of girls real names and he actually tells other people their names. THAT pisses me off!
You should never share private info about other providers... That's a definite NO-NO!
Maybe she just name dropped her pet name for her taint.
Ask her.. I recently told someone my real name and I wouldn't be mad or offended but others might.