suggestions?

• Annef
  • 05-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Hi,

I will be visiting Albequerque (I know I keep spelling that wrong, but it's all forgiven if you put (sp?) by it, Sante Fe and Taos this week. Any suggestions as to where to stay and eat (especially eat. I am looking into staying in Old Towne Albequerque and possibly downtown Sante Fe. Taos is so small, I guess I will just choose something close to the plaza area. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Yummiest places to eat?
Hi,

I will be visiting Albequerque (I know I keep spelling that wrong, but it's all forgiven if you put (sp?) by it, Sante Fe and Taos this week. Any suggestions as to where to stay and eat (especially eat. I am looking into staying in Old Towne Albequerque and possibly downtown Sante Fe. Taos is so small, I guess I will just choose something close to the plaza area. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Yummiest places to eat? Originally Posted by Annef
For me, I would probably stay at the Plaza in Sante Fe also. All three towns you are going to you can walk to very good restaurants. As far as what's good, I have yet to be disappointed in all three locations. My simple rule of thumb is if it's full of locals then it's probably good for me. I use that anywhere I go and it works better than Yelp or Urbanspoon most of the time. Enjoy your stay and remember....red or green.
There are plenty of great restaurants in Albuquerque, here are a few of my favorites.

Breakfast and Lunch-Weck's or Flying Star. These are both local chains so there are plenty of locations around town.

Mexican-Sadie's, Los Cuates, and El Pinto.

Indian-Taj Mahal

Fast Food-Chili Dogs from The Dog House

Asian-Asian Noodles and ABC Chinese

Greek (food, you perverts)-Yanni's

Dessert-Flying Star

Steak-Vernon's

Hope you have a great stay.
Olympia for Greek near the University of NM in ABQ as you keep going east to Nob Hill: Scalo and Yanni's with more available; Taos Inn -my preference- with live entertainment nightly or the La Fonda is still on the plaza for lodging both with top cuisine; Santa Fe also has a La Fonda on plaza,but very dense with hotels and great food. Nice butt, I'll be in Dallas PM today, have fun.
If you want some good New Mexican food I would suggest "Barelas Coffee House". You can't go wrong there, they have been in business for like 40-50 years in the same location.