call me paranoid

• JROD
  • 06-09-2011, 06:42 AM
Been doing a little research about phone tracking. I was amazed at how easy it is to put a gps tracking program on someones phone without them knowing anything about it.

This envasion of privacy $hit has gone too far!

Anybody know anything about these programs....How to detect them....How to defeat them?
Turn off tge GPS functionality unless you really need it - and then when you're finished with it. I've heard that i-phones keep track of a record, but I would assume you can turn that off too.
  • JROD
  • 06-09-2011, 07:07 AM
Thanx for the reply. The way I understand this stuff is that the phone can be tracked by triangulation of cell towers, or by using GPS.

A company called life360 is one of the ones that I have read about.
No, the I phone tracking cannot be turned off as it uses tower location, not gps. There is a GPS feature but that is seperate
the only way to stop your phone from being able to be tracked is to remove the battery.
This is exactly why I refuse to get an iphone..
You can remove the SIM card from the AT&T iPhones.
  • JROD
  • 06-09-2011, 01:26 PM
From what I am reading, "they" can track any phone off of the cell towers. The program that I have seen is life360. There is also a thing thru AT&T that says it can track any phone...almost in real time. Also, I assume that this works even if the phone is sitting idle [but on].
The ATT program is a joke. I had it on my childs phone. She could be in the next room, and sometimes the phone would register as being at the house and sometimes it was 10 miles away. It works for general location, but its not 100%