Discovering fetlife

Has anyone ever used fetlife and what’s your experience? I’ve heard several providers drop the fetlife name in years past. I logged on the past couple days and it’s wild as to what’s out there. I’d be curious to hear your kink experience?
Guess I’m just curious to know if anyone has met anyone from fetlife and felt comfortable doing so, not really interested in the details of the encounter.
Had no clue what Fetlife was. Had to Google it. It appears to be both a lifestyle and a website. My wording of lifestyle may be inaccurate, but it is more than a simple website.

Briefly looked at the website. Didn't login or create an account.

Drinking? Inside the website, are you able to converse with others from your general geographic location? I wouldn't be interested in it unless it gave me the opportunity to expand on various kinks with other local kinksters who shared the same kink.
It’s my understanding the website is platformed after FB you can add friends or follow and message whom ever you’d like. Yes it is a lifestyle website most are not looking for random hookups but someone that shares the same kinks or willingness to explore. When I say kinks it seems to be what ever your into.. I agree it’s not easy to navigate nor search. At the moment it’s sparked my curiosity.
Its real but...in my experience...don't expect to meet too many women unless you attend a "munch." They are monthly dinners at a local restaurant where people get together to meet the new people. You attend 2 of those and generally are open to private invitations with the clubs/group get togethers.
Have something a little better then fetlife it’s a app called Feeld wider variety of people on there however in smaller areas pickings are slim but have had some ups and downs with app have a breeding kink and have had a couple willing parties