Hobby phone?

I keep reading posters mentioning about having a hobby phone and buying more minutes etc. Anyone know if Google voice, text now, or any of the other phone apps with anonymous phone numbers are safe or not? I know at least a few providers use them and was wondering if there's any issues with tracing back to you? Providers feel free to chime in on this too, thanks!
why the ...worry

...ya be ...ashamed ...of yer funnel buyin ...activities
Sorry, not a fan of calling providers that, a little more respect is deserved to most of them on here. Just watching my back is all.....
  • Bluee
  • 11-08-2015, 07:19 AM
Set up Google voice using an over seas email account. If you have access to a payphone or a phone that is available for many people's use such as a courtesy phone or similar, use that to activate Google voice, as it needs a forwarDing phone number for set up, then remove the forwarDing information.

Use a proxy or annonymizer when using Google voice. This way should le subpoena Google it will lead them to a location other than yours based on the ip address. And it would take someone on the federal level to negotiate with an over seas email provider to divulge your information, which is pretty much not happening.
Sorry, not a fan of calling providers that, a little more respect is deserved to most of them on here. Just watching my back is all..... Originally Posted by just4funin716

??????????
I thought was about phones
Set up Google voice using an over seas email account. If you have access to a payphone or a phone that is available for many people's use such as a courtesy phone or similar, use that to activate Google voice, as it needs a forwarDing phone number for set up, then remove the forwarDing information.

Use a proxy or annonymizer when using Google voice. This way should le subpoena Google it will lead them to a location other than yours based on the ip address. And it would take someone on the federal level to negotiate with an over seas email provider to divulge your information, which is pretty much not happening. Originally Posted by Bluee
Yup! it's as simple as that!....

Or get the latest Apple, or Google phones that just added unbreakable encryption to their smart phones.
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/09/2...-smart-phones/

Use a proxy or annonymizer when using Google voice. This way should le subpoena Google it will lead them to a location other than yours based on the ip address. And it would take someone on the federal level to negotiate with an over seas email provider to divulge your information, which is pretty much not happening. Originally Posted by Bluee
I have used Google Voice for the past 3 years o think i may re register how you suggested above. Make me feel safer.