Crazy Phone Number Formatting

Why do so many ads have phone numbers that look like

1*TWO 345 SIX*SEVEN

or numerous other variations?
Don't know for sure but it helps prevent search engines from hitting on the number.
It is mainly to prevent search engines and spider programs from archiving the numeric string.
Why would a reputable provider not want her number searchable?
The habit is from Craigslist. You aren't allowed to post your phone number in a CL ad, so girls get creative with writing their number to get around CL's filter.
Fritz is right. Most ladies who do that don't want their numbers to be researched because they usually end up having a sketchy history.

A reputable provider usually won't post ads like that because they know smart guys like to research.
Why do so many ads have phone numbers that look like

1*TWO 345 SIX*SEVEN

or numerous other variations? Originally Posted by tstuart101

The term that google uses is "spiders" that crawl over every published web page there is. If a phone number is listed as a phone number, it is instantly captured and becomes searchable by any number of methods, by numerous of people or companies, on numerous data bases. In turn the different data base programs can reference each other. I have seen it here numerous times. e.g. Hay everyone I found this when I entered the phone number on google. Just copy the number correctly and enter it into your own data base for everyone you contact, may want to contact, or just follow to see there is any possible problems. You will be amazed about what you can find out by searching the number.

Be safe, do your homework.

JR
When I first started out providing and used CL - I didn't know the importance yet of having 2 different phones - So I would do all that crazy stuff with my phone number to keep people in my personal life from being able to search me, in case they had suspicions. Of course, craigslist has been gone for a long time so not really sure why people still do it, unless possibly trying to avoid people trying to find them?

xoxo
The habit is from Craigslist. You aren't allowed to post your phone number in a CL ad, so girls get creative with writing their number to get around CL's filter. Originally Posted by SinsOfTheFlesh
You beat me to it. I'm thinking BP doesn't have that rule. Of course if you look at CL(not in KC. It's weak here) in other cities it's full of nudity and numbers and not so veiled ads.

The term that google uses is "spiders" that crawl over every published web page there is. If a phone number is listed as a phone number, it is instantly captured and becomes searchable by any number of methods, by numerous of people or companies, on numerous data bases. In turn the different data base programs can reference each other. I have seen it here numerous times. e.g. Hay everyone I found this when I entered the phone number on google. Just copy the number correctly and enter it into your own data base for everyone you contact, may want to contact, or just follow to see there is any possible problems. You will be amazed about what you can find out by searching the number.

Be safe, do your homework.

JR Originally Posted by JRLawrence
Depends on how you look it up. you can search 9ONE3**55FIVE**1ATESEX3 and get hits on the ad but if you search 913-555-1863 you get nothing.
ATE Sex Heaven 5 three OH 9
For a good time call Jenny.
ATE Sex Heaven 5 three OH 9
For a good time call Jenny. Originally Posted by Longermonger
Or in area code 201 a veiled marketing campaign for an exercising franchise opportunity.
8675309 is a song about a twin prime. 8675311 is its twin.
When you type Jenny's number into a keypad, you'll see that it's all diagonal. The number keys almost play the notes to the song, too.
It is as bad as the ** <# dash thing with the swirls.... It all confuses me though really. Though I agree it must be just a monochromatic ad where one didn't allow use of phone numbers and so they just continued its use till the trend was thought to be popular and now we are all back to spandex and bell bottoms...