AOC Wins

I am not a huge fan of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez but since others on the forum have put emphasis on her and her chances for reelection, I thought that this is pertinent.

Scherie Murray, the leading Republican challenger to AOC, has dropped out of the race.

Ocasio-Cortez challenger drops out of GOP primary

A Republican candidate seeking to challenge Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) dropped out of the congressional GOP primary race late Monday.

“I am very grateful to the constituents in NY-14 and citizens from across this great nation for their support and words of encouragement,” Scherie Murray, a Jamaican immigrant and businesswoman, said in a statement.

That leaves Michelle Caruso-Cabrera her main competition on the Democratic side with AOC a heavy favorite to win.

One of our forum paricipants predicted a while back that 3 of the 4 women comprising "the squad", AOC. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, would lose in November 2020.

It looks like AOC and Pressley are safe. Omar and Tlaib face tough primary battles. All 4 House districts are solid Democratic so whoever wins the primaries will win the November election.
  • oeb11
  • 05-26-2020, 08:41 AM
A shame - I was impressed with Murray as smart and well spoken.
. All 4 House districts are solid Democratic so whoever wins the primaries will win the November election. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
so then why the announcement of AOC wins?

scherie murray's withdrawal matters little if her candidacy mattered little

so little has changed in the district according you on one hand and on the other upon murray's withdrawal now aoc wins?

I hold out hope, which can make a bad supper, for michelle

so little has changed in the district according you on one hand and on the other upon murray's withdrawal now aoc wins?

I hold out hope, which can make a bad supper, for michelle Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Yeah that is an interesting question. Most of the earlier discussion around the squad and AOC suggested they could possibly be voted out in their respective primaries.

A question to the OP, based on the facts that AOC and the squad at the time of many of the discussion had polling numbers which showed favorability in the 20 some percent range and polls also suggested ranges in the 30-40% range, for at least Ocasio-Cortex, where Democrats wanted a challenger in her next primary.

Do you think that it was premature to be touting(or basing opinion on) those polls and suggesting there was a good chance of a loss in the primary?
I am not a huge fan of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez but since others on the forum have put emphasis on her and her chances for reelection, I thought that this is pertinent.

Scherie Murray, the leading Republican challenger to AOC, has dropped out of the race.

A Republican candidate seeking to challenge Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) dropped out of the congressional GOP primary race late Monday.

“I am very grateful to the constituents in NY-14 and citizens from across this great nation for their support and words of encouragement,” Scherie Murray, a Jamaican immigrant and businesswoman, said in a statement.

That leaves Michelle Caruso-Cabrera her main competition on the Democratic side with AOC a heavy favorite to win.

One of our forum paricipants predicted a while back that 3 of the 4 women comprising "the squad", AOC. Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts and Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, would lose in November 2020.

It looks like AOC and Pressley are safe. Omar and Tlaib face tough primary battles. All 4 House districts are solid Democratic so whoever wins the primaries will win the November election. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
The Republican had no chance in that yellow dog district.

The primaries on the Dem side are what counts.
What exactly did she win?
What exactly did she win? Originally Posted by bambino
Apparently some sort of moral win that SR tried to throw up against anyone saying she might lose in the primary in previous threads.

But it ain't over til it's over. AOC is favored and it's getting pretty close to the primary but AOC has won "nothing" yet.

She will also get a boost since NY took the POTUS primary off their ballots so turn out will be low favoring her most likely.
What exactly did she win? Originally Posted by bambino

her mouth?

It looks like AOC and Pressley are safe. Omar and Tlaib face tough primary battles. All 4 House districts are solid Democratic so whoever wins the primaries will win the November election. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

And you say we know little about what you believe and don't believe.

I hold out hope, which can make a bad supper, for michelle Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
I brought it up because the topic of AOC and the others has been a topic of conversation on this forum in the past and I thought it relevevant.
And you say we know little about what you believe and don't believe. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
I stated mostly FACTS in my post. The only OPINION is that 2 of the 4 seem to be solidly placed to be reelected and the other 2 are probably the leaders in their races.

As with the other post of mine that you criticized, I once again have not stated at any time that I support or do not support any of these 4 members of Congress.

The only such post I remember having made in the past regarding the 4 is that had I been in AOC's House district in 2018 I would have voted for Joe Crowley.
What you didn't state was that only a democrat is going to win. Her main competition is from other democrats. That includes Caruso-Cabrera who I gave money to. Anything to get rid of AOC.