Blackface Hall of Shame

In addition to the members from the executive branch of the Commonwealth of Virginia who are inaugural members of the Blackface Hall of Shame, let me hereby nominate and induct some more members.

Sarah Silverman" In May, Silverman apologized for a 2007 sketch in which she wore blackface on the Sarah Silverman Program. “I don’t stand by the blackface sketch,” she told the Hollywood Reporter in May. “I’m horrified by it, and I can’t erase it. I can only be changed by it and move on.” In the sketch, she plays a racist character who lacks self-awareness about her racism, saying, “I had no idea how cruel white people could be to us. I think I need to be with my own kind, now,” before entering a church full of black people.

Silverman said that even though she knew the sketch was wrong at the time, it didn’t harm her career at the time. “I was praised for it! It made me famous! It was like, I’m playing a character, and I know this is wrong, so I can say it. I’m clearly liberal,” she said. “That was such liberal-bubble stuff, where I actually thought it was dealing with racism by using racism. I don’t get joy in that anymore. It makes me feel yucky. All I can say is that I’m not that person anymore.” - Jezebel.com

CNN has compiled a list of other contemporary entertainers who wore blackface, including Billy Crystal, Ted Danson, and Joni Mitchell. Fred Armisen famously darkened his face for years to play Barack Obama on “SNL.”

No apology is enough to wash away the sin of blackface. They should all be treated like Rosanne Barr was treated.
^^ Yup large part of the issue is the Hypocrisy of how differently people are treated.. Just my .2
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...D&&FORM=VRDGAR

I made Rex a blackberry cobbler in 1963, picked the berries myself

he told me, in his deep voiced cowboy manner, "boy, I'll always remember the berry pie"

he's made it to the last roundup and i'd bet the old Arizona cowboy is looking down wishing he hadn't done this movie, but it was a different era, movie made in 1951 I think, and, boy, the guy could sing
some actors were redfaced too!!!

like john wayne and some others played indian!
You fellas are really preoccupied, aren’t you?

I wonder hw many of them separated babies from their families while wearing orangeface.
You fellas are really preoccupied, aren’t you?

I wonder hw many of them separated babies from their families while wearing orangeface. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

you mean brownface?
some actors were redfaced too!!!

like john wayne and some others played indian! Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
iron eyes cody

the keep America beautiful indian

he was Italian from Louisiana I think

wasn't it scarlett johansen who was run off an acting job for not being transgendered?
  • oeb11
  • 02-12-2019, 10:28 AM
I believe you are correct about ScarJo
iron eyes cody

the keep America beautiful indian

he was Italian from Louisiana I think

wasn't it scarlett johansen who was run off an acting job for not being transgendered? Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
And the Most Interesting Man in the World is a Jewish man from New York.

What's your point?

Why must it always be about race?
And the Most Interesting Man in the World is a Jewish man from New York.

What's your point?

Why must it always be about race? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
its not to me but I think it is to you and the rest of the gender/race based dims

and I do think you have trouble reading if that's what you think of me..a bit of a projection perhaps

perhaps your rage and ire displaces your brain
No need to insult, good buddy. My question was simple and clear.

This forum is chock full of threads based on race, gender and sexual orientation. Never more than since Trump assumed the mantle as DOTUS.

Seems like the majority of the whining and raging about this issue is coming from your side of the playground. That's not a projection. It's the fact.

We ought to be discussing issues over which we have control as citizens of a free country. You know, policies that affect us all which have not been addressed while everybody's busy calling each other names. In other words, get over the superfluous. Let's fix health care. Let's fix education. Let's fix infrastructure.

Or ... let's talk about blackface some more.

I wonder hw many of them separated babies from their families while wearing orangeface. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Similar to partial-birth abortion...GOTCHA

Why must it always be about race? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You tell me,it's always the lefts...go to issues??
I have no issues with old black face from fucking 30 yrs ago...People change especially if they're Democrats
Let's fix health care. Let's fix education. Let's fix infrastructure.
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
And WHO fucked ALL that up...Hummmmmmm