Bourbon Street on Richmond burns

HOUSTON CHRONICLE - May 2, 2010, 10:18AM

Firefighters are battling a two-alarm blaze this morning at a topless bar in southwest Houston and may bring in equipment to tear down exterior brick walls.

Fire broke out about 7:30 a.m. at Bourbon Street in the 9300 block of Richmond at Ocee, near Fondren.

By 8:15 a.m., firefighters were battling the "fairly involved" fire from the outside of the building because they believe no one is inside the business and because it reduces risk to firefighters, said assistant chief Karen Dupont.

Arson investigators are looking into the cause.

What's this place had, something like four different names over the last 2-1/2 years? And yet every time I drive by it's still got the same broken-out windows on the front facing the street. I saw there were signs of life at least on the big sign, but it never managed to tempt me to stop in. Anyone ever go there?
Thanks for letting us know about this unfortunate fire, dude, but you didn't give us a link to the story.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...o/6986035.html

This thread may more probably be better suited for the Alerts forum.
Wow! I was there about a month ago! They were in the rebuilding phase. Damn!
Notice that there's not much wording at all about it. It seems like they want it gone.
Didn't the original Bourbon Street (off of 59 & Bissonet) burn down also ? Am I the only one who thinks this is suspicious ?

LS
wow i was there friday night saw a fine as white girl at the door but it didnt look crunk so i didnt go in
Notice that there's not much wording at all about it. It seems like they want it gone. Originally Posted by kerwil62
Not very surprised.. the place was a rathole. They shoulda went on a spree and got Dreams too.
Not very surprised.. the place was a rathole. They shoulda went on a spree and got Dreams too. Originally Posted by luxury daphne
Haaa!! LOL! That little lady never bites her tongue..or in this case, her fingers. I tried to go into that place last year sometime. It never "picked up" until late though.
Seriously though. I went to Dreams last weekend thinking that I was going to have a good time. It was 15 for parking, 20 for admission for my girlfriend and I each, 25 for a small bottle of Grey Goose, and 5 for the set up, which was nothing but a styrofoam cup with a little ice and cranberry juice. All this I paid before I walked through the door. The place was filthy, ESPECIALLY the women's restroom. I have never seen anything so gross in my entire life, and couldn't believe that grown ass women could be so nasty. And the chicks were downright snobby. I just left, for fear I would have to use the restroom again.

I used to work at Bourbon about a year ago as a waitress, so I'm not even going to go there.... As for biting my tongue, the truth never hurts.
Didn't the original Bourbon Street (off of 59 & Bissonet) burn down also ? Am I the only one who thinks this is suspicious ?

LS Originally Posted by LittleSpike
Not at all. That is the 1st thing I thought.

On another note ... I was just driving down Richmond and passed the place and it's gone. Totally.