The Reverend Billy Graham and...the Dallas Cowboys?

I grew up as a Cowboys fan in Dallas. Dad took my brother and me to games in the Cotton Bowl during their first year (1960) which, by the way, was the first year for the AFL Houston Oilers. Since most of my Houston friends don't like the Cowboys, whose fans haven't had much to cheer for the last fifteen years, I thought some of you folks might get a laugh out of this:

What does the Dallas Cowboys football team have in common with the Reverend Billy Graham?

Both have proven themselves capable of filling a stadium and soon having thousands of people yell, "Jesus Christ!"
Wow.....
I grew up as a Cowboys fan in Dallas. Dad took my brother and me to games in the Cotton Bowl during their first year (1960) which, by the way, was the first year for the AFL Houston Oilers. Since most of my Houston friends don't like the Cowboys, whose fans haven't had much to cheer for the last fifteen years, I thought some of you folks might get a laugh out of this:

What does the Dallas Cowboys football team have in common with the Reverend Billy Graham?

Both have proven themselves capable of filling a stadium and soon having thousands of people yell, "Jesus Christ!" Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
LOL.......Very true
Yup
  • Molay
  • 10-31-2012, 10:20 AM
I grew up in the Dallas area as well and have been a Dallas fan since I started watching football. I idolized Staubach, Lilly, Jordan, etc.; they were my heroes. Lately, it has become much more difficult to be a fan. The Cowboys have no heart and that just makes me sick. The Baltimore and Giant games make me even sicker. They seem to have an extraordinary talent at losing this year.

On the other hand, I also love the Texans. I've lived here for 20+ years and love the Houston teams as well. I just tend to be very loyal and will never turn on the 'boys...even when they suck. But I am a huge Texan fan as well and take great pride and joy in their success.