Any good Christmas Tamales in Austin?

I have some visitors coming down from the rust belt and I think it would be a tasty bit of Tex/Mex culture to share along side the Turkey. Maybe even a Gerald Ford moment I can catch on camera.

I know of places in San Antonio that can hook me up, but I have no idea here in Austin.

Yes. I know I waited waaay to long to look in to this. I still have a couple days though. Bean-cheese-jalapeno would be my first choice. but I'm flexible.

(oh crap, I dropped this in the wrong forum. a little mod help here?)
HEB usually has a tub of fresh Tamales near the cheese counter.
So I went to Walmart for my roommate the other day and as I was pulling out of the parking lot (the one at 35/Parmer) there was a family selling tamales. I never do this but something told me I had to, so I bought some and they were almst just as good as my grandma's (I said almost).

Yes. I know I waited waaay to long to look in to this. I still have a couple days though. Bean-cheese-jalapeno would be my first choice. but I'm flexible.

(oh crap, I dropped this in the wrong forum. a little mod help here?) Originally Posted by Joel Goodson
If you can't find any homemade tamales, the Central Market label at HEB are about as good as any commercial tamales that you can find. I prefer the beef, pork and ancho blend myself, but they do have bean, cheese and jalapeno. They run $9.99 per dozen (2lbs).
Moved to proper forum....

I am going to enjoy some myself tonight. My folks buy some from an old neighbor of ours from years ago. Awesome beef tamales.....

sixx
My mom make them herself. The other day she made 31 dozen, beef/pork. Have yet to taste better than moms. I know of places to buy in San Antonio but bit in Austin.
Thank's for the fine suggestions.

Seems everybody's mom or grandma makes the best tamales. Mine made fruit kolaches that were the best ever, so anyone's claim to tamale fame is safe.

I went with an ad on CL that offered free delivery running 24/7 until after New Years. Gotta love that kind of initiative. I chose brisket which are fricken fantastic, and fruit which are damn good too. They were actually so fresh I had to let them cool down for an hour before I could eat em or they would fall apart. Search "tamales" under For Sale and you will see their ad from the 22nd.

And Merry Christmas to everyone out there!