No references...what info do you provide?

I'm new to this hobby and have no references. My first contact asked me for name (fine), cell (ok) and work info (what!?). I walked away from the deal. It seemed too risky. What is your experience?
  • gushi
  • 03-03-2010, 09:54 AM
You have 2 options here...maybe more...but 2 obvious. You can start with a provider that does not have stringent screening and build refernces from there...assuming she is willing to provide a reference for you afterwards. Although yor experiences may not be stellar...you can get in the refernce door that way.
Another option...and more recommended in my opinion is the following.
Find a provider that is WELL reviewed and respected from this site and give out the info she desires. Yes you have to give out a little more private info...but if she is well respected and known she will be very discreet. So that minimalizes the risk.
i guess there is a 3rd option...and that is to see someone who is newbie friendly...but i am not sure what info they may require...could be the same for all i know.
  • cnym
  • 03-03-2010, 10:41 AM
If you are contacting one of the best reputable providers that are verified and safe. You should be comfortable giving them all the information that they need.
To me, I agree with all the safety requirements that we go thru here. This is not only for the safety of the provider it is also for the safety of all of us.
On one occasion, I was comfortable not only to provide the requested information, but also a face picture.
The Key thing hers is; Only IF you are contacting a verified and safe provider, I would not give personal information that to anyone that I do not trust.
  • GP
  • 03-03-2010, 11:09 AM
P411

and be active on the board. 2 posts won't cut it.
I said I was new. There, now I have 3 posts.

P411

and be active on the board. 2 posts won't cut it. Originally Posted by GP
  • GP
  • 03-03-2010, 09:26 PM
I said I was new. There, now I have 3 posts. Originally Posted by sorvad
keep going
Four
I see math skills are top notch...lol
Four Originally Posted by sorvad
  • Eli
  • 03-04-2010, 06:43 AM
Sorvad,

Welcome aboard!

Eli
Any well reviewed providers should be safe. I don't do appointments very often so I have to rely on giving out my info sometimes. I've never had a problem with an inappropriate call to my job. Just make sure that you're dealing with a pro, and not a CL girl with no reviews.
sorvad

four LOL welcome. I think you will do well on this board once you get it going.
While I have been in FL my screening has tightened up.I ask for a reference from a provider if the person isn't a member of P411 or DC.Maybe you are a member of another board.I know some boards have the option to give ratings to members even though they hobby often,but you still have a good reputation.
I have been asking for a company website that has the interested parties name on it,or if I can call the work and ask for that person.It hasn't worked very well in Orlando,but in other parts of FL it has worked great.I have also gotten the persons name and Googled them to see what info I could find,if all else fails.Maybe the provider will take a Facebook page? Someone who went to MPs gave me the name of the shop he went to and told me I could contact his regular girl there.Just a few suggestions.Once you see that first provider it will get easier.
considering what's been going on in buffalo, everybody should be upping their screening process & the info that was requested is quite the norm
everybody should be upping their screening process Originally Posted by naughtynikki84
For the safety of everyone concerned, we would not want the ladies to do anything less.