I voted

I voted. did you? what did u think about prop 6? what about fair housing bonds for Austin? those are the 2 that got my attention, what about y'all? do u vote every time?
I voted. did you? what did u think about prop 6? what about fair housing bonds for Austin? those are the 2 that got my attention, what about y'all? do u vote every time? Originally Posted by sue_nami
Yes, and I voted NO on most of them. we have enough entitlements and tax raising amendments already. but it's not like our vote really counts, or is even counted.. As for the low income housing.. quit supporting them and get them back to work so they can make their own way. Want affordable housing? Good, move to an area that you can afford. I pay over $9k a year in just property taxes.. I'm pretty sure I don't get that much in services. The taxes amount to almost 1/2 of what I paid for the property when I bought it.. I'm tired of supporting the cost for everyone to move to Austin.. Charge the newbies, grandfather their costs from the time they make this their home.. Where do the laws of quantity / mass production begin?
  • onei
  • 11-05-2013, 03:30 PM
I not only voted, but I am working the elections and have for several years now. :-)
I not only voted, but I am working the elections and have for several years now. :-) Originally Posted by onei
That's awesome! Thank you for your service to our fair city Sir
Voted for the water prop, but I still think we need to be looking at desalination. We're getting our oil money and Saudi's have indoor skiing on black gold. Why can't we. let's get the GOM to work, I pay enough for water to lose my lawn, trees, and foundation. Screw that, let's get the spigot rolling.