secret phone? what about an app?

I'm using an app called "Text Now"...
gives you a local phone number and you don't have to use your personal details to open the account. You can call and text from it... You can also sign in online through your computer. If you don't want to take a call just sign out of the app.
Skype is cheaper. The package I have is $12 a quarter for the phone number and $2.95 a month for unlimited calls to US/Canada. I don't text with it so I don't know if that's extra.
I'm using an app called "Text Now"...
gives you a local phone number and you don't have to use your personal details to open the account. You can call and text from it... You can also sign in online through your computer. If you don't want to take a call just sign out of the app. Originally Posted by rolltide32505
I use text now and it's great! I just log on only when I need it.
how is skype cheaper? text now is free! Besides, if you knew what I know about skype you wouldnt use it!!!
how is skype cheaper? text now is free! Originally Posted by rolltide32505
I just saw the $18.95 per month on the home page. I didn't realize you could get a phone number for free. Text-only wouldn't do me any good, though. There are other sites that offer free text as well which I do use on occasion.

Besides, if you knew what I know about skype you wouldnt use it!!!
I know that MS pipes call info to the NSA or whoever. I don't care. I just want a line that cannot easily be traced back to me by angry pimps or local LE.
I think your best bet is a phone and minutes you can pay cash for.
Example- Buy a new or used phone with cash that can be used with a prepay carrier. Pay cash for a prepay carrier card at Walmart / CVS / Dollar General / etc. Most Carriers ask for your name, address, etc when you call to activate a phone but they don't verify anything you tell them. Just don't forget the info you give incase you have to call customer service at a later date.
Try and keep it clean of web history, phone numbers, text messages, emails, etc. Especially if going to see someone new.
If shit gets reset and throw into salt water!

I've heard that Apple requires a court order / search warrant before they will assist LE with accessing data on a phone thats locked with a password. Use the long password. 0000 1234 is DUMB!
U can call from text now also. Look closer
I know it is a bit risky but I use Google Voice. It is so damn convenient.
I also like google voice, you just can't send pictures with it.