chat block

• zont
  • 12-14-2019, 11:39 AM
I asked this question in Technical Discussions back on November 26, but never got the help I was hoping for. I am trying here because this gets more traffic.

When I log into chat I see "Adobe Flash Player is blocked." I vaguely recall something about pending trouble with Adobe and chat, but other folks did answer my earlier post to say that chat is still working for them.

I also recently went through the recent Windows 10 "upgrade", and this may be the cause or only a coincidence.

Any hot ideas about how to get by this "block"? As Kinky once said when running for Texas Gov... "How hard can it be?"

Thank you all in advance!
Are you using Chrome or some other browser?
I can get you back in chat Zont jan 5-9th
I am pretty sure you have to manually give adobe permission to run in the browser settings. I’ve done that before but I don’t exactly recall each step.
Google Chrome is blocking Adobe Flash by default...you have to opt in until it's gone completely.

But, no loss...there's rarely anyone in there anymore.
  • zont
  • 12-15-2019, 06:40 PM
This certainly narrows it down.... I am on Chrome and now I know that they "helpfully" (?) blocked Adobe Flash. So I nosed around in chrome's massive and confusing set of controls, trying real hard not to make things worse, and saw nothing that allowed me to tap into some control that allows me to remove the block on Adobe Flash.

Wonder why no one else seems to have this problem? There were a lot of conversions to Windows 10 (which is where I suspect the new block came from via either putting me on Chrome or undoing what I may have done long ago to remove the Abobe Flash block). Not that there were a whole lot of folks on chat recently... but still!!

Anyhow... a little help on where is the Chrome universe lies the magic key to turn on Adobe Flash Player.. please.
zont, do this to let flash work in chrome running on windows on a laptop (prolly the same for desktop computer; dont know about tablets).

1. click on the 3 dots (menu in upper right).
2. in search box up top (next to magnifying glass), type "flash"
3. in search results, click on "Site Settings" (a search popup shows "flash")
4. in site settings, scroll down and click on "Flash".
5. click the toggle for "Block sites from running Flash (recommended)". that will turn it to "Ask first".

then i went to top of an eccie page, right clicked on "Chat" to open in a new tab.
the chat window is there w/ "Click to enable Adobe Flash Player".
i clicked, "Allow"ed flash, and voila, eccie chat.
only txSunshine was in the list w/ a "busy" indicator.

turn the toggle off afterwards, unless you want flash on other sites.

good luck.

p.s., i dont think it has anything to do with windows 10.
I keep getting a noticed That Flash Player No Longer on chrome
as of 2020 ..
my lap top only runs off chrome app.
  • zont
  • 12-21-2019, 12:49 PM
Thanks PMD. Unfortunately, when I got to Step 2 of the five on your list, there was no search box. There were about fifteen other choices, some with their own sub-choices. I am on a desktop.

There was no "magnifying glass" either.

When I see "easy to use" propaganda regarding computers and software, I think of moments like this. And I have had many "moments"...

And Gina - you may run into the same problem before long, perhaps.
The noticed I read today this will happen ten end of 2020 ,, Try the Discard chat lots of friends there it may be for other city's but it works
Thanks PMD. Unfortunately, when I got to Step 2 of the five on your list, there was no search box. There were about fifteen other choices, some with their own sub-choices. I am on a desktop.

There was no "magnifying glass" either.

When I see "easy to use" propaganda regarding computers and software, I think of moments like this. And I have had many "moments"...

And Gina - you may run into the same problem before long, perhaps. Originally Posted by zont
zont, the search box didnt have a border. just click to left of mag glass and cursir might turn into I-beam text cursor.

but yep, google is abandoning flash next month. go use a diff browser.
The noticed I read today this will happen ten end of 2020 ,, Try the Discard chat lots of friends there it may be for other city's but it works Originally Posted by LustyBustyGina38FF
the last links i had "expired."
how can one navigate to the Discord chat site & then get into TexasSunshine's chat rooms?
  • zont
  • 12-22-2019, 10:11 AM
Hi PMD - I understand that Shiny shut down her Discord area. Not sure how to access the friendly chat room(s) that Gina mentions. I have never been able to figure out navigation on Discord. About to check on the borderless search box that you mentioned...
  • zont
  • 12-22-2019, 10:14 AM
The endless treck for chat access continues. I did not see anything for "search", borderless or otherwise. I did see "find". When I clicked on it, there was a box that kinda looked like a search function. I entere "flash", but I could not navigate anywhere from that.
TS let her's go
the last links i had "expired."
how can one navigate to the Discord chat site & then get into TexasSunshine's chat rooms? Originally Posted by pmdelites