I feel like...

I feel like I owe a bit of an explanation here.

I have been out of touch with pretty much everyone for the past couple of weeks and I have received some inquisitive voicemails, texts, emails and PMs.

Here's the deal. As many of you know, I have been the caregiver for my dad for the past 7 years. We had the recent lawsuit deal and right in the middle of that, my dad was admitted to the hospital. He was inpatient for about ten days and the last four of those saw him deteriorate very quickly.

He passed away last Thursday and we had his funeral this afternoon. I am okay with all this but will miss him terribly. He was absolutely the best man that ever inhabited this planet and it has been my extreme pleasure to have had the opportunity to care for him.

I will be returning to work at my "real life" job tomorrow and will be back on my regular massage schedule beginning Wednesday. I've been off for a while now and am honestly ready to get back to some sort of normalcy.

I would like to thank the dear,dear person who showed up today to show their support. That meant SO much to me...more than you know!

Anyway, that's it. Thank you all for reading and I look forward to seeing you lovely folks regularly again now.

Love to all...
--v
Vnurse:

While I've not been a client of yours, I just want to express my condolences for your loss of your father. Having lost both parents (both as a child and an adult), and having been a caregiver as well (my mom for 4 years after a stroke)-I appreciate your pain and sympathize...

Know that he's in a better place, and that the love and caring you two shared will carry on to the afterlife. Again, I'm sorry for your loss-but remember the good things you had with him...

Take care!
vnurse sorry to hear of your father passing.
Vick, apologize and explain to no one. You posted a while back about what was going on. Anyone who knows even just a little about you knows that the flake factor is missing with you.

Good for you and what all you did for your father. Any of us should be so lucky.
I'm so sorry for your loss! Having also been caretaker of a close family member for the last several months of her life, I totally understand the emotional roller coaster of missing your loved one, but being relieved that there is no more suffering. We are lucky to have had that kind of time with them.

Welcome back, and I'm sure your return just made lots of guys very happy . Hang in there, and glad to see you back!

OXOXO
~D.
I am sorry for your loss.
I hope you have peace.
Darlin', you don't owe anyone an explanation...I'm sorry for your loss...don't forget to take care of yourself now that everything is over
  • fawn
  • 05-14-2012, 09:32 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Vicki, please know that I am just a phone call away!
V I am stunned. Did your dad have a favorite cause interested people could make a memorial donation to? You were a great daughter. I made it a point to tell my mother today how much she means to me.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
So sorry to read about your loss. May your grief be short lived.
Vicki, my deepest condolences.
My condolences as well, Vicki.

Best,
Elisabeth
I am sorry for your loss. Its apparent that you are a good daughter.
  • Gio
  • 05-15-2012, 05:15 AM
Sorry for your loss. May your dad rest in peace!
My dad passed away 2 years ago so I am familiar with all the responsibilities you have when that happens, not to mention the fact that you are emotionally drained.
You do not owe anyone an explanation.
I am sorry for your loss.