T-Rd

Just a quick update on the old Smile Bar, new Sky Bar opened a week ago.
Walked in Sunday night and behind the bar was the owner of Bamboo, Jazmin, and first lady I saw was Lee who has worked at every bar on TR for the last 5-6 years. Lastly HGL. Looking a lot worse for wear. She was sitting next to a good looking, tall Korean, with a tight blue dress on who with Lee's prompting sat next to me while I ordered a beer. My antenna when up and and thought she is way to young and good looking for TR. Bought her a drink when asked by Jazmin (pressured me for a lg beer @ $24.00 which I nixed and said small only). She finished it in 2 long draws and I realized this is a lost leader (like the car biz) and she is eye candy only and not for any back room fun.
As I sipped on my beer tried to make small talk with her and even with the struggling English it was like talking to a bag of rocks. :-) As I was leaving Lee came up to me and confirmed what I thought. No back room fun with this one.
From the back emerges two other slender ones I recognized from Sky (old one) and Bamboo and even the old Jenny's. Can't remember their names. They were headed home @ 7PM.
One thing is it is Bright. I mean blindingly bright Blue color. Neon lights everywhere and no hidden corners or place like the old one for intimate moments. Off putting, truthfully.
Went next door to BC and had Lee No 2 take care of me.
  • Owj
  • 12-13-2021, 05:47 PM
Is the Young from Smile still around? Not the Forever Young from Sky.
Thanks for the update, been wondering if T-Road has gotten back to any semblance of normal.

May need to make a run down there for a long lingering breakfast at the Tel-Wink and an early beer.

@OWJ--Gone in the wind. Owner at BC owns the buildings. I get the feeling after the bust Young's biz was so bad she couldn't pay the lease and owner threw her out.
Scoping this place on Google maps. These places look somewhat sketch with the 3 or 4 buildings right next to each other with no windows.
^^Been here over 6 years and that’s your first post? LOL
Scoping this place on Google maps. These places look somewhat sketch with the 3 or 4 buildings right next to each other with no windows. Originally Posted by sissyface
Correct, stick to Montrose.
While T-Rd. is better than 20 years ago (even Sketchier! then) it's still dangerous. If you don't like it on street view then stick to the sheltered lands of Katy, the Woodlands, midtown, etc.
@Bowswe--Actually it looks like he signed up 4 !/2 years ago. Takes long time to man up and post here :-)
@Sissy--I am in a ball busting mood today. Just left TR an hour ago and sketch is only the half of it. Going into the back, with cats, dogs, drunk Latinos, and Korean grannies screaming at each other bc they were up next and got displayed in the order, take HUGE HUEVOS ! :-) Good luck in monger land.
  • Owj
  • 12-14-2021, 03:43 PM
Definitely not for the weak.
Not an Encounter - Moved to Co-Ed Discussions
Went there about a week ago. Of course Lee was there giving me the old rub down as I set at the bar. But it was a young girl in a grey Chevy Cruz out side I was waiting for her to make a entrance but it took to long. She looked to be Hispanic and young.