The One True Religion

This might be interesting. BJerk said in a thread that the one true religion was the religion of Jesus Christ. Jewish Lawyer, awhile back, told us that Judaism was the "one true religion". So which is it? Or is it Islam, Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism, Eckankar, Bahai, Sufism, Animism, or one of the hundreds of other belief systems that now exist?

What makes one religion the "True One"? Or is there only "one true religion"?

And a special question for BJerk. Does the religion of Jesus Christ, the "one, true" religion teach racial separatism, and the superiority of one race over the others?

Just wondering. And be serious. I am really interested in the thought processes of people who think their religion in the true one.
what's your point, you Whiny bitch? You're an avowed librarian. You've snickered at every faith and have admitted you're a nonbeliever.

why post this thread at all?

Ohhh, I get it. You want your fellow crazies to start quoting The Lebron James bible and shit.

You're a walking cliche.
Thank you for sharing, AssupRidee, DEM.

Next?
what's your point, you Whiny bitch?

why post this thread at all? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
As with the great majority of his posts, he is only interested in slinging shit.

Just accept the fact that he is a professional shit slinger and move on!
  • BJerk
  • 12-29-2013, 08:18 AM
I'm flattered you made an entire thread out of my comment on the Duck Dynasty post.
Jesus said, "I am the truth, the light and the way, no one comes to the Father but through me."
Jesus was the one who sacrificed to create a new covenant, supplanting the Jewish covenant with Moses. The Jews were originally God's chosen through the original covenant, and Jesus was sent to save them first, then save the whole world. Of course, you know all this...
Thank you, BJerk. Now, does Jesus preach the downfall of the white race?
Thank you, BJerk. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
As I previously stated, he is only interested in slinging shit!
  • BJerk
  • 12-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Thank you, BJerk. Now, does Jesus preach the downfall of the white race? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I don't believe I've ever heard anything referencing that attributed to Jesus. I am not preaching it as biblical but rather inevitable. It is an obvious trend, and I'm personally happy about it, because i do not like white people. Jesus, being a person of color himself, probably didn't think whites were any better than him, either.
It's all good...

Ever since the first man looked up into the Heavens and started to contemplate his own mortality, he has been creating some type of Deity to help him cope with the thought of death and what comes after.
Thank you, BJerk. Now, does Jesus preach the downfall of the white race? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I wasn't there, but I'm pretty sure there weren't any white people anywhere near Jesus at any time during his life.
Ever since the first man looked up into the Heavens and started to contemplate his own mortality, he has been creating some type of Deity to help him cope with the thought of death and what comes after. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Thank you for the rational response. That's really more of what I was looking for. But I wouldn't completely discount the idea of something greater. However, modern religion, and the idea that there is one true religion, and only one acceptable definition of "God" leads to conflict like we've seen through the last 20 centuries, and earlier. I also think the reason that people cling to their "one true religion" is out of insecurity of standing on their own. Someone who disagrees with their beliefs threatens them, and become "infidels", and thus, enemies. Since the "true believer" is on "God's" side, what happens to the infidel is less important, and perhaps the infidel deserves the misfortune or mistreatment directed at him or her.

Furthermore, since there is "One True Religion" there is a leader. And a leader who speaks for the "One True God" can coerce the believers into compliance under threat of hell, or promise of paradise. This is why I'm not a religionist. Religion is control and manipulation.

Consider Jesus. From what we surmise, did he ever mention starting a new religion, or propose that a book be written containing his teachings? No. And the book was commissioned by Constantine, to gain control of a growing movement threatening his control. From then forward for many centuries, religion was government.

Ijs

But the idea that a genuine religion recognizes racial differences, to the point of stating one race is superior to others, is absurd at best, and dangerous at worst. And history is replete with "Phony Christian" racists. Which was my point with BJerk. Calling himself a Christian, and thereby implying he is more deserving of heaven than others, while espousing racist beliefs is textbook hypocrisy.
If you don't believe, why do you give a fuck, whiny?