Trending now... (June 22, 2013)

The stock market is down by 400 points
Obama's popularity is down steadily dropping since April
Unemployment is up to 7.6 from 7.5 (if you really believe those numbers)
The GDP is down slightly
Russia won't talk to us
China won't talk to us
the only thing going up is the temperature though world wide it is holding steady

Since the appropriate use of the word trend is just a snap shot of a situation
  • CJ7
  • 06-22-2013, 02:37 PM
The stock market is down by 400 points

the potus has NO control over the market ... none

Obama's popularity is down steadily dropping since April

big woo ... bet he isn't elected again

Unemployment is up to 7.6 from 7.5 (if you really believe those numbers)

I don't believe unemployment is UP either, good catch Teach !

The GDP is down slightly

that's HUGE news, thanks for the moot update

Russia won't talk to us
China won't talk to us

good thing something of this magnitude has never happened before

the only thing going up is the temperature though world wide it is holding steady

going up but holding steady ?

Since the appropriate use of the word trend is just a snap shot of a situation Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Temperature is trending upward.
  • CJ7
  • 06-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Temperature is trending upward. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
1900 - 2000 was the warmest century in 1100 years .. don't tell JD, he's a 2%er
I don't even know what a 2%er is and, no, I will not attempt to look it up because like the last time you probably got the definition wrong again.

Pssst. It is 2013 you know and the temperature has stablized. Of course you use Al Gore and MSNBC as your sources so you won't believe that bulldog biting your ass.
Another snick have you looked at satellite images of the melting Ice? no? You should.
I hope you understand the significance of the melting ice. It didn't always used to be here meaning it was warmer before or is that too hard to understand? What about the mining village they found in the Alps from over 700 years ago. It has been covered in ice for centuries and now it's not.
  • CJ7
  • 06-22-2013, 10:26 PM
I don't even know what a 2%er is and, no, I will not attempt to look it up because like the last time you probably got the definition wrong again.

Pssst. It is 2013 you know and the temperature has stablized. Of course you use Al Gore and MSNBC as your sources so you won't believe that bulldog biting your ass. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
stabilized higher than last century ,,, study up Teach

Geez, out of 4 billion years, we have 100 years that were slightly warmer. This is less of a trend than Ohio trending Romney. And just how did they measure the temperature of the globe 1300 years ago? Did they put the thermometers next to machines and asphalt like they did in recent studies?

This is normal. It's steady now. It may go up, it may go down. There is nothing we can do to influence in any way, except maybe a mass nuclear holocaust. And that's just a theory I hope is never tested.
Another snick have you looked at satellite images of the melting Ice? no? You should. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Yeah, what about it. You worried? I'll guarantee you'll never have to tread water to your mailbox, you're not going to live that long.
1900 - 2000 was the warmest century in 1100 years .. don't tell JD, he's a 2%er Originally Posted by CJ7
That time period just happens to coincide with modern temperature keeping equipment and records, hummmm. Much before that its an educated guess what the temperatures were...at best. I wonder what a thermometer from 900 ad looked like and the stone that the temperatures were recorded on then?

I'm sure that the normal temperature rise and fall of the earths surface over time is completely unrelated to to the sun and its normal temperature variations. Nah...couldn't be. That would make no sense at all.
  • CJ7
  • 06-23-2013, 01:36 AM
That time period just happens to coincide with modern temperature keeping equipment and records, hummmm. Much before that its an educated guess what the temperatures were...at best. I wonder what a thermometer from 900 ad looked like and the stone that the temperatures were recorded on then?

I'm sure that the normal temperature rise and fall of the earths surface over time is completely unrelated to to the sun and its normal temperature variations. Nah...couldn't be. That would make no sense at all. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser

we're talking 1 or 2 degrees ... air trapped in ice core samples tell the story

thermometers 900 ad

Ah I see...the air trapped in the ice is the thermometer. To a 1-2 degree accuracy. Got it.
  • CJ7
  • 06-23-2013, 01:45 AM
Ah I see...the air trapped in the ice is the thermometer. To a 1-2 degree accuracy. Got it. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser

glad I could help
The computer models predicted an 8 degree rise instead they got less than 1 degree for the indicated time period.

From 1979 The Post reported that the International Energy Agency declared on Monday that "continuing that pace could mean a temperature increase over pre-industrial times of as much as 5.3 degrees Celsius (9 degrees Fahrenheit), which IEA chief economist Fatih Birol warned 'would be a disaster for all countries.'"

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...#ixzz2X27Wi2O3
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook