mexican food

Where is a good authentic mexican restaurant in the city?
For authentic, not Tex-Mex (well they all have some Tex-Mex now), you have to go where the Mexicans go, Oak Cliff, Jefferson Blvd area - El Ranchito on Jefferson Blvd; La Calle Doce on 12th St parallel to Jefferson Blvd, they specialize in Mexican Seafood dishes; I do like Gloria's which is a local chain with an El Salvadorean flavor, I know the guy who start this chain originally in Oak Cliff.
In dallas,there a couple of authetic mexican food,i cant rem the names but there very small size restaurants.
For tex mex I love Matts..
I know I am going too get flamed but here it goes El Chicos.
I also like Mi Cocinas.
Las Ranitas in Arlington
After I've had Mexican street tacos from Fuel City (just south of downtown Dallas) - it spoiled me with cheap & delicious... Not a bad combination for food or sex!

Texaco @ I-35 and Inwood also.

Of course, they lack the simple things like tables.
Not sure how you define authentic, but this place is damn good. It was also featured on Diner's, Drive-Ins and Dives

http://avilasrestaurant.com/
Mi Cocina in Highland Park Village.. There every Friday night... Good scene too.. BUT watch out some of your clients might be there too!! LOL
Esperanza's in Fort Worth. Offshot of Joe T Garcia's named after his daughter, they serve authentic Mexican food as opposed to the Joe T Tex Mex standards.

I know I am going too get flamed but here it goes El Chicos.
LMAO at you but you are too F'ing cute to flame.
Taco Diner in uptown or Addison, famous for their Mambo Taxi Margarita ...
Urban Taco in McKinney ...
El Tizoncito in Lemmon close to Inwood
Mi Cocina same owners as Taco Diner

UPSCALE:
Javier's in Cole
Komali in Cole also

... and I forgot: Velvet Taco on 75 and Henderson
ojos locos ;-)
OMG!!! I starve out here!!! the mexican food is horrendous!! I will try some of your alls suggestions..... I have lost 20lbs since i moved out here!!! I cry cuz i hate the mexican food out here!! Mi cocina?? wow really?? that is just expensive taco bell on a glass plate! lol!!

I do plan to start up a new incall and work out of my house soon.... when I do I promise to feed you all!! trust me its no taco bueno!!

Thanks for the thread I will try some of the holes in the walls....

Also there is a place in grapevine off the highway.. gotta check my gps for it i wanna say its something taqueria... and not only are the taco plates good they are 1.50 per plate... wait it gets better!!!! On sat and sunday its free beer!!!!

Yes free beer!! they do not have a TABC licsence so they give it free also BYOB
If "authentic" means you are interested in Mexico City mexican food, Javier's is very good. It's "high end" but worth it. Very fresh fish, beef, interesting flavor profiles. Salsas, green and red are fabulous. Fresh butter on the table. A fun place as well, and a Dallas legend. Dang, am getting hungry.....Great Mexican red wines, as well as margs.....
Go to the ones where you think there may be a stabbing.