Killings of Kaufman County district attorneys. Care to speculate?

Wow. This whole thing is just crazy. You'd think a justice of the peace might be aware that surveillance cameras could easily catch him hauling off computer equipment from county offices. And you'd certainly think he might realize that investigators are often able to link a person of interest to anonymous email threats.

Maybe blind rage can render a person temporarily stupid?

The following was posted this afternoon on the website of The Dallas Morning News:

By Tanya Eiserer
teiserer@dallasnews.com
3:09 pm on April 14, 2013 | Permalink

The day after the bodies of Cynthia and Mike McLelland were found, an anonymous writer sent an email to county officials threatening that another attack would happen if the writer’s demands were not met.

Law enforcement authorities have since linked the the threat back to Eric Williams, a former justice of the peace who is now the prime suspect in the slayings.

The McLellands were found dead in their home over Easter weekend. Assistant District Attorney Mark Hasse was gunned down Jan. 31 as he walked to the county courthouse.

A charge of a capital murder in connection the slayings is expected to be filed this week, possibly as early as Tuesday, law enforcement authorities said.

Williams, 46, was arrested early Saturday on a terroristic-threat charge after dozens of law-enforcement workers executed a search warrant at his Kaufman home on Friday.

Williams was convicted of stealing county equipment last year and sentenced to probation in a highly contentious case prosecuted by McLelland and Hasse. That case is on appeal. Williams faces another theft charge in a case related to money allegedly misused from a law library fund.

Authorities searched the Williams’ home and that of his in-laws, who live down the street from them, on Friday. Those searches led to the execution of a search warrant on Saturday at Gibson Self Storage on Seagoville Road near U.S. Highway 175.

Authorities seized more than 20 weapons from the unit, which was rented on behalf of Williams. Some of the weapons are similar to those used in the Hasse and McLelland slayings. Ballistics tests are now being conducted by the Texas Rangers crime lab on the weapons that are of the same caliber as those used in the killings.

Authorities found a Ford Crown Victoria inside the unit. A neighbor’s surveillance camera had captured footage of a similar car entering and leaving the McLelland neighborhood on the morning of the slayings.

Officials have conducted extensive forensic testing on the vehicle found in the unit to determine if it can be linked to the McLelland slayings. The results are not yet known.

His attorney, David Sergi, has said that Williams “vigorously asserts his innocence and denies any involvement” in the killings.

Williams’ bail on that pending theft case has been revoked. He is being held on bail totaling $3 million.

The investigation into the slayings is a joint effort by the Kaufman County Sheriff’s Department, The Texas Rangers, the FBI and the Dallas-based special prosecutors assigned to the case.

URL @ http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013...williams.html/
So, let me get this straight. There are no right-wing or left-wing conspiracy involved in the deaths? How sad that is for the partisan hate mongers.
  • WTF
  • 04-14-2013, 09:34 PM
So, let me get this straight. There are no right-wing or left-wing conspiracy involved in the deaths? How sad that is for the partisan hate mongers. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Thank God huh COG....don't want to take attention away from your 7 World Trade Center conspiracy!

What's partisan hate mongering about wanting to know what the government is hiding? The bipartisan 9-11 Commission wasn't satisfied with the Bush administration's disclosure. Why are you?
  • CJOHN
  • 04-14-2013, 09:49 PM
cog ...dont you think the iraq war was fault base on an ASSumption instead of fact... fix it for ya...happy now
damn, I was going with Col Mustard
cog ...dont you think the iraq war was fault base on ASSumption instead of fact... Originally Posted by CJOHN
Yes, Marshall, I do.
cog ...dont you think the iraq war was fault base on an ASSumption instead of fact... fix it for ya...happy now Originally Posted by CJOHN
it was a FACT, he had done it before and based on 60 minutes he was going to do it again
  • CJOHN
  • 04-14-2013, 10:16 PM
it was a FACT, he had done it before and based on 60 minutes he was going to do it again Originally Posted by cptjohnstone
are you serious, you think it is ok to go to war base on 60 minutes news report
are you serious, you think it is ok to go to war base on 60 minutes news report Originally Posted by CJOHN
the FBI agent that was with Saddam for six months said he would do it again, google it

if you are really serious I have it on my old computer
Dumbass aren't you?
Until they tie a weapon used at the scene, or find trace evidence in his car, they don't have him yet. The Texas Rangers are doing ballistic tests to confirm the weapons seized from his storage lockers rented by his in-laws on his behalf were used in the crime.
well he's not going anywhere with a 3 million dollar bond.
  • WTF
  • 04-15-2013, 12:58 PM
What's partisan hate mongering about wanting to know what the government is hiding? The bipartisan 9-11 Commission wasn't satisfied with the Bush administration's disclosure. Why are you? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Folks like you thought the government had a hand in7 World Trade Center conspiracy.

You are like the Bible thumpers who ask me to prove there is no God. That I can't, is their proof that there is a God. What logic! Prove there is no Easter Bunny, you can't, therefore there could be an Easter Bunny and he could have plant explosives in Building 7

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_T...iracy_theories
Please talk to the 9-11 Commission. I'm not anywhere else they are. You can put words in my mouth, but they are lies coming from your fantasy imagination, WPF.