lustylad please explain the logic of the Florida Governor's logic in giving out 450 dollars...

• WTF
  • 07-22-2022, 04:46 PM
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/stimulu...-ron-desantis/

"To offset the costs of rising inflation, especially with a new school year approaching, the State of Florida is giving you $450 for each child in your care," states the letter from DeSantis.
  • WTF
  • 07-22-2022, 04:48 PM
Do not let us mere mortals down lustylad. Help us understand the logic!

didnt read article. dont care about that slime ball desantos.

if article is true, this is flawed thinking.
  • Tiny
  • 07-23-2022, 06:34 AM
If this aid is indeed targeted towards 59,000 of the neediest families in Florida, then hooray for DeSantis! There’s too much child poverty in America. And too much middle class welfare, like the Democrats’ $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan which supercharged inflation. It sounds like DeSantis has his priorities right on this issue.

I do however in general share Winn Dixie’s opinion of the man. He wouldn’t be my favorite Republican candidate for president.
If this aid is indeed targeted towards 59,000 of the neediest families in Florida, then hooray for DeSantis! There’s too much child poverty in America. And too much middle class welfare, like the Democrats’ $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan which supercharged inflation. It sounds like DeSantis has his priorities right on this issue.

I do however in general share Winn Dixie’s opinion of the man. He wouldn’t be my favorite Republican candidate for president. Originally Posted by Tiny

But I'll go out on a limb here and predict you would vote for DeSantis over Biden, Harris or Newsome. Am I right?

And there was this.

he payments will be funded with $35.5 million in Governor Ron DeSantis' budget, which the state said would have reverted to the federal government if the awards hadn't been made.
... DeSantis is just giving "the people's money" $$$$ back to the people.
What's wrong with that?

Or should the money go to Abortion clinics... or to Disney??
Not sure which is worse.

Do you lads REALLY believe Gavin Newsome will run for president??
Newsome got more skeletons than the Broken Hill cemetery.
He'll be cast out quicker than Gary Hart.
And a long FALL like Owen Hart. ...

#### Salty
I dont like our govt. giving out money period. Also being selective as to only giving to folks with kids is wrong.
This is FLAWED logic. If they can afford to have a child they should not be getting this handout or any kind of tax break! Theyre the ones that use the resources and cost all tax payers! They should not receive handouts and be taxed per child.
But I'll go out on a limb here and predict you would vote for DeSantis over Biden, Harris or Newsome. Am I right Originally Posted by HedonistForever
The democrats only hope in 24 is Moochelle Obama.
... If you say so.

#### Salty
  • WTF
  • 07-23-2022, 02:49 PM
Where is lustylad's brilliant economic analysis on the matter?

Maybe he is reading up on WWALD!
  • Tiny
  • 07-23-2022, 03:41 PM
But I'll go out on a limb here and predict you would vote for DeSantis over Biden, Harris or Newsome. Am I right?

And there was this.

Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Yes I would. The only Democrat I can think of off the top of my head who I would prefer to DeSantis is Kyrsten Sinema. And that would be assuming Republicans would control the Senate or the House.
The democrats only hope in 24 is Moochelle Obama. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme

I was listening to a discussion about the possibility of Hillary and Moochelle running in 2024 and I came away believing that Moochelle just might run. I don't think she really wants to but is being pressured because to Democrats, "she is the only sure thing" to them.

Another interesting discussion was about how Barrack Obama and "his people" in the White House advising Biden, are actually running the Biden White House with Susan Rice in charge of Domestic Policy. So it only makes sense if the Obama's feel so deeply for this country, they will try and return the Presidency to another Obama administration.
  • WTF
  • 07-23-2022, 08:25 PM
Yall trying to derail my thread!?
... DeSantis is just giving "the people's money" $$$$ back to the people.
What's wrong with that? Originally Posted by Salty Again
No. He's giving "the people's money" $$$$ back to SOME people.

If you can't understand what's wrong with that, you are too far gone for an explanation.
... like the Democrats’ $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan which supercharged inflation. Originally Posted by Tiny
You kinda left out the 2.2 trillion in March 2020 (Cares Act) and the 2.3 trillion in December 2020 that Trumpy signed off on, without hesitation, that flooded the economy with newly printed (electronic) dollars.

So who supercharged inflation?