What would you do?

• anita
  • 12-14-2010, 08:44 PM
If you found someone's wallet in the street with $1,000 (cash) inside, what would you do with it?
Call them and give it back, if they were a complete jerk maybe take out $10-20 to screw with them, but at least give the wallet back even if you keep the money. The last time I returned a wallet the guy was a total ass, every other time with credit cards or anything else of value the people have been very nice.

I used to work in a couple of places where it was some what common for people to leave things behind. Once it was a complete western saddle, had their number called several times, they never came back to get it. Kind of weird.
any Id? or just cash. probably turn to the cops, if no one collects you get it.
else you feel better. same with lose cash.
  • anita
  • 12-14-2010, 08:56 PM
With ID and credit/debit cards in it. Would you return the wallet including the money or would you just return the ID and cards?
Anyone walking around with that kind of cash deserves what happens to them. We live in an electronic age, it's ok to deposit that money and use your debit card.

Having had this happen to me, I would contact the owner and give them their wallet back. I have never found a wallet with cash in it though and this one was just as empty.
I had this happen about a year ago … I found a wallet with almost $600 in it, but more important then the money, the wallet had the guys green card and his kids green cards in it. I promptly returned it to him.

But here is where it gets interesting … in 2006 I was moving and the fuck up movers lost a box which had all my photo albums and pictures in it. I cried and cried and prayed to god so many days that I would some day, some how get my pictures back.

Well … the day after I returned the wallet my mom got a call and it was a lady who had purchased a storage locker and in that locker was a box with all my pictures and photo albums.

It still gives me chills … talk about instant karma.
Anita did u find my wallet ? Give it bak ! I was saving that money for a session with u hehe
I found an iPhone at a cart at walmart, but I gave it back, I got att and I could of kept it, but hey shit hapens and ppl tend to misplace things
Definitely return the whole thing - cash and all.

I lost my wallet once. Found out about it when I got a call from the person who found it. There was no cash in it but would have been such a pain in the ass to cancel and get new credit cards, DL, etc. I was very grateful. Offered him a reward as it was somewhat inconvenient for him (waiting for me to return to pick it up) but he said no.
  • anita
  • 12-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Anita did u find my wallet ? Give it bak ! I was saving that money for a session with u hehe Originally Posted by thefranchiseus
Lool. Only one way to verify that, pm me first and last name on the DL
  • anita
  • 12-14-2010, 10:19 PM
Allright, I will return everything. It is almost christmas and maybe he has a wife and kids. I kind of wanted to keep the money lool. But I will return everything.
Allright, I will return everything. It is almost christmas and maybe he has a wife and kids. I kind of wanted to keep the money lool. But I will return everything. Originally Posted by anita
Anita, I really think you are doing the right thing. Besides the karma, just think the next time someone brings up a found wallet story, you can tell them about the time you returned one with a $1000 in it.
Anyone walking the streets of Houston with $1000 in there wallet needs to learn a lesson the hard way.
I found money in an ATM twice and was able to give it back to person who last used the machine. I thought they were pretty stupid until one day, in a rush, I left my money in the ATM too. The person after me yelled out: "You forgot your money."

I also ran down someone who had left their Debit card in the machine also.
I'd return it.

What do cats need cash for anyway?