muscle heads

• Seedy
  • 12-17-2010, 08:06 PM
Just got a call from my younger brother, he said I got your car, I said what the fuck are you talking about. He said again I got your car, I told him to quit drinking that fucking homemade brew. He said no I got your old 70 charger daytona. I was speechless. I think about that car often 426 hemi 6 mpg, 2 when you stomped on it, that's no bs. He said all the numbers still match, this is no bullshit I started to get a woody just thinking about that car, pure raw freaking power. My best friend still to this day, had a 69 mustang shelby cobra, quicker off the line but after quarter mile he was in my rear view mirror. I remember I sold it to pay for my senior year of college. Now I know all you young studs are probably wondering what's all the hubbub, for us old farts those were special times. How many of you guys or gals had a muscle car, and what was it? (Now I need to sweet talk my bro to selling it to me)
  • Seedy
  • 12-17-2010, 09:06 PM
Yes KS, great set of wheels,but mopar was the ultimate power. 70 chevelle ss396 was my favorite car for looks. Wouldn't mind having one of them either.
Nice!
'69 427cid/425hp.
This is my car...

ok well minus the paint job and wheels...but its close

This one is just like my other...

what can i say Im a nova girl!!!
  • Seedy
  • 12-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Great pics and even greater cars, lots of fond memories, they just don't make em like that anymore. My best friend and I talk often about those wheels, and what they are worth now. My fucking brother better sell me that car. Lol
Great pics and even greater cars, lots of fond memories, they just don't make em like that anymore. My best friend and I talk often about those wheels, and what they are worth now. My fucking brother better sell me that car. Lol Originally Posted by seedman55
Oh boy, this is a tough one. I must agree and disagree.

Yes, I would love to own a 1970 Hemi challenger, 1970 Chevelle 454, or a 1971 Boss 351 Mustang.

However this being said. I own a 2009 car that ran a 12.9 showroom stock at the track. The car has air conditioning, 6 cd changer, power this and that, and will fit 5 people in great comfort. In case of a crash, I have all sorts of air bags that will deploy and can save lives. The on star system could also help in case of emergency. I also get more than 20 mpg on city driving.

Yes, looking at muscle cars from the 1964 GTO through the 1974 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am 455 super duty is better than viagara. Let's also not forget the Buick Grand National of the mid 1980's that really started the muscle car comeback. Right now cars like the Mustang 5.0, Camaro, Pontiac G8/G8 GXP (rip Pontiac), Challenger SRT8 are so much better than the original muscle cars.

Even though, give me a choice of a 1970 Challenger hemi or a 2010 6.2 Challenger hemi...........my garage will have the 1970 in it. I also want my 1970 in Plum Crazy.

• Seedy
  • 12-18-2010, 02:53 AM
Oh boy, this is a tough one. I must agree and disagree.

Yes, I would love to own a 1970 Hemi challenger, 1970 Chevelle 454, or a 1971 Boss 351 Mustang.

However this being said. I own a 2009 car that ran a 12.9 showroom stock at the track. The car has air conditioning, 6 cd changer, power this and that, and will fit 5 people in great comfort. In case of a crash, I have all sorts of air bags that will deploy and can save lives. The on star system could also help in case of emergency. I also get more than 20 mpg on city driving.

Yes, looking at muscle cars from the 1964 GTO through the 1974 Pontiac Firebird Trans-Am 455 super duty is better than viagara. Let's also not forget the Buick Grand National of the mid 1980's that really started the muscle car comeback. Right now cars like the Mustang 5.0, Camaro, Pontiac G8/G8 GXP (rip Pontiac), Challenger SRT8 are so much better than the original muscle car.

Even though, give me a choice of a 1970 Challenger hemi or a 2010 6.2 Challenger hemi...........my garage will have the 1970 in it. I also want my 1970 in Plum Crazy.

Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
Yes, DJ I think you are correct on tha above points, but what I should have said is they had much more eye appeal then, than now. Plus they were made here or in canada, not most of the parts in fucking china, that's what's wrong with this country. But that's a rant I won't get into.
You darned right I have a car, it falls into pre-72 Custom Conservative Hardtop at ISCA Car Shows. But for obvious reasons, I cannot show a picture of it on this site, someone would surely take notice. It has been around a while.

Have you noticed that this Site has some pretty knowledgable people on it, guys who have seen a lot, have done a lot, and never looked back or apologized for any of it. But, due to the fact that one aspect of the whole "hobby thing" is anonymous nature of it, we can't really get into it lest we out ourselves to the real world.

Sort of sucks.
Originally Posted by Killersalt
Dear Santa,

You fat, red suit wearing, miserable bastard, as I see it you owe me at least 7 ponies, 2 Barbie Malibu Beach Houses, 18 puppies, 3 rifles, 2 Ms. Pac-man machines, and huge boobs..(someone else finally paid for those no thanks to you fatty).

Even though you have let me down year after year I'm willing to bury the hatchet as long as what is sitting in the picture above is parked in-front of my house on X-mass day.

If you dont, I'm going to the north pole with my Colombian Cousin's and we are going to spray paint your whole house, beat up all your elves, and cut all your reindeer's hooves.....dont believe me, try me fat man!!!

Later fool.....
Dear Santa,

You fat, red suit wearing, miserable bastard, as I see it you owe me at least 7 ponies, 2 Barbie Malibu Beach Houses, 18 puppies, 3 rifles, 2 Ms. Pac-man machines, and huge boobs..(someone else finally paid for those no thanks to you fatty).

Even though you have let me down year after year I'm willing to bury the hatchet as long as what is sitting in the picture above is parked in-front of my house on X-mass day.

If you dont, I'm going to the north pole with my Colombian Cousin's and we are going to spray paint your whole house, beat up all your elves, and cut all your reindeer's hooves.....dont believe me, try me fat man!!!

Later fool..... Originally Posted by allofamber
Sorry Amber, but I'm betting on the fat man not showing up with your stang. Not that you've been naughty or nice, but he probably doesn't have one of those on hand.

Jackie S.............I hear ya!
  • bbkid
  • 12-18-2010, 12:07 PM
'63 Chev SS Impala. Red-on-Red.
'68 Camaro Big-Block(s) 4 Speed - Red-on-Red. Eventually turned this one into a drag race car. Dumb move.
Sorry Amber, but I'm betting on the fat man not showing up with your stang. Not that you've been naughty or nice, but he probably doesn't have one of those on hand.
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
DAMMIT DJ why you got to ruin it for me!!! LOL...Ok..you can make it up to me....can I use you as my alibi when I...lets say..take a trip up north to a very specific pole? (this year I'm fucking up some reindeer hooves...)
  • Seedy
  • 12-18-2010, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=Jackie S;850798]You darned right I have a car, it falls into pre-72 Custom Conservative Hardtop at ISCA Car Shows. But for obvious reasons, I cannot show a picture of it on this site, someone would surely take notice. It has been around a while.

Have you noticed that this Site has some pretty knowledgable people on it, guys who have seen a lot, have done a lot, and never looked back or apologized for any of it. But, due to the fact that one aspect of the whole "hobby thing" is anonymous nature of it, we can't really get into it lest we out ourselves to the real world.

Sort of sucks.[/QUOTE
JS. Sounds like a great set of wheels. You know the older I get the more I apriciate old cars , tunes from the 60-70-80's , sports people like bob gibson, koufax , mantle ,maris joe willie namath ,and on and on.not trying to relive the past,but people showed more respect towards each other back then. And yes I too have been very fortunate to have seen and done a lot of shit people can only dream about. I like this site for the info but mainly for the laughs, as far as someone maybe knowing who I might be, I truly don't give two rat fucks, does not bother me at all, and yes there are many sharp folks on here, that is what makes it so interesting. Shit I'm hijacking my own thread, BB kid man you had those cars, true classics especially the camaro.