what stupid things have you said, done or seen today

Well besides this thread....

was at a drive-in for breakfast order breakfast taco w/ bacon and said ... "to go please...."

where is the epic face palm when you need it,

What have you done today that you would like a redo on?
No one pays attention at drive ins. If they did they might get your order correct the first time.
I was eating lunch over at a restaurant near I10 East and Sheldon when a family sat down to eat. I noticed that they were sharing plates and they looked like they were living hard times. It appeared to be a lady about 50ish, another younger one around 30ish, and a boy and a girl.

I told the waitress to just let me pay the bill, but not tell them who did it.

During the Christmas holidays, I usually do this one time to help people out.
  • helen
  • 12-22-2010, 08:43 PM
"hey huni, can u handel 10 inchs?"

what, of snow?
I was at the mall today-----AND I only bought two pairs of socks,NOTHING else....wooooohooooooo I am officially in "shopping addiction rehab"...lol
I was at dinner, there was a table full of nosy 20 somethings, listening to the conversation I was having with a buddy. Looked over, notice all the Packers Jerseys, hats, and scarf....apparently they love their packers.

I said screw it....and screamed " Go Cowboys".... I got some mean looks..I thought I had to run to the car, I said some other not so pleasant things to, but well, I won't get into that.

Didn't realize how much I miss Texas until today.
Some folks pushed a cart with some merchandise out of a store, the about to be stolen goods were kind of covered up with the children riding in the shopping cart.

Then the thieves acted as though they were unable to speak English, an offer by store security to involve HPD translation services, produced a jasmin like use of some hidden Rosetta Stone software on an invisible laptop in their heads.

Items returned to store, future felons on board the cart, left with the parents of the year. Start to finish under two minutes. A real teaching moment.
It didn't happen today, it was a month ago

I was buying ice cream for last minute drinks for a party.

I RACED to the grocery store and a bag lady was in front of me buying groceries. The total was a little over $2.00 more then she had. After she rummaged thru her purse, pulling out a few pennies and nickels (and realizing my ice cream was melting) I handed the cashier a $10 to cover the little extra.

The cashier thanked me as the lady did; then the cashier gave me back my change.

The bag lady started SCREAMING "Why are you giving that man my money?" Explanations didn't seem to be effective, so I suggested the lady should get the change.

No good deed goes unpunished....but I felt like I helped.
But I felt good afterward.
I eat at the same local restaurant at least 3 times week. There are two young Ladies who can just about quote what I will order.

I had decided to give them each a twenty note as a Chistmas tip, but pulled out a C note by mistake instead of two 20's. Rather than fumbling around to find the 20's, (they were looking), I handed them the 100 and told them to split it and go buy something nice.
Know something? I felt better for my "mistake".
It didn't happen today, it was a month ago

I was buying ice cream for last minute drinks for a party.

I RACED to the grocery store and a bag lady was in front of me buying groceries. The total was a little over $2.00 more then she had. After she rummaged thru her purse, pulling out a few pennies and nickels (and realizing my ice cream was melting) I handed the cashier a $10 to cover the little extra.

The cashier thanked me as the lady did; then the cashier gave me back my change.

The bag lady started SCREAMING "Why are you giving that man my money?" Explanations didn't seem to be effective, so I suggested the lady should get the change.

No good deed goes unpunished....but I felt like I helped. Originally Posted by CivilBarrister
Oh HELL NO. "Cashier, GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK". Let HER pay the difference!"
stupid thing i seen..

alyssa posting BP ad on the body rubs session

i thought she got a loan and was out the buisness
I did this yesterday...damn glass doors...

Someone posted this the other day...I thought it was pretty stupid...

If I was not rooted in this city I would never fucking be working here. There are deceptive, back stabbing, assholes galore around here. My advice to traveling ladies is to NEVER come to Houston. Because the men in Houston are assholes and newbies and lurkers are scared to post. Houston (guys) suck. If I did not live here and go to school here I would not be any where around here. If you are requestiong over $200 an hour they bitch till they are blue in the face.

Originally Posted by Wakeuр
I understand . . . Happened the other day and I have been through that door several times. Can you say "retard?"

Given the season, a couple off Christmases ago, some miscreants shoplifted a bunch of stuff from the Cowboys Store. One had to go pee, so the miscreants shove the stolen items under a car and then go back into the mall to pee. When they came out they were pissed someone stole their booty.
Jan 4, 2010

Someone posted this the other day...I thought it was pretty stupid... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
There just something about your post I like.