Relationship between higher hourly rates and increase in BnG/QVs?

It seems to me like there's been an uptick in BnGs/QVs lately, with more guys seeking such sessions and more women offering them (or offering them openly).

Assuming the premise is correct (and my perception may be wrong), I know there are many variables, but I wonder if there's any connection between that and the price escalations that so many guys have noticed and remarked upon the last couple of years.

In other words, has the market for such sessions grown because clients can't afford or don't wish to pay what a lot of women are now charging for an hour, and providers are responding to the decrease in demand for hourly visits and an increase in demand for shorter, lower-cost visits?
I understand your curiosity, but these types of threads rarely turn out well. It's my opinion that there may be a correlation but if so, I expect it varies by the provider.

Given my volatile play/work schedule, I've found QV and HH to fit my needs more often than longer excursions. However, I do realize that is specific to my personal situation.
In my personal opinion, it would dilute a woman's brand to raise her rate, then begin offering 15 minute sessions. Seems counterproductive to the higher end marketing efforts.

However, Texas is an interesting micro-economy unto itself where the hobby is concerned.

So I guess the question is-- are the ladies who are raising their rates also the ones suddenly offering shorter sessions? Or are other ladies filling in the financial gap by offering the shorter sessions?
...but I wonder if there's any connection between that and the price escalations that so many guys have noticed and remarked upon the last couple of years... Originally Posted by Sir Lancehernot
I know that in the past few years, there have been some that have mentioned ladies raising their rates but I can promise you, that the average rates of sex workers in Texas have gone down over the years.

There has been NO adjustment for inflation or the higher rental costs that are just crazy now in DFW (and I'm guessing in other areas as well).

So although I'm not trying to cause a fuss, at all, if you look at the rates of some of the more popular females on Eccie (or at least the ones that have been around for awhile), you won't see rate increases and some have even lowered their rates, overall.

Seems to me that there are more ladies offering shorter appointments because they simply need the work. Although the news would have one believe otherwise, there is still a whole lot of economic strife in this country.

Just my observation, only. I can only parrot what I hear from my side of things and also, my clients that I've had for years and years.

I find it a real shame that ladies aren't able, because of the economy, to raise their rates every few years. They simply cannot because of the whole Adam Smith/supply and demand/whatever that economic principle is ... and because of the large number of sex workers that work in Texas.

Again, my opinion, only. Really wish that men would understand that it might be nice to get a pay raise ever so often. After all, that's generally the norm for most occupations and sex work IS real work. My rates have been the same for a very long time and I still get e-mails/PM's complaining about them.
Great question Grace...and the one I had as well...

I book hour or more appointments then any other kind...i wouldn't equate the guys requesting shorter appts necessarily to finances I'm finding that time is a huge issue..or aligning schedules.

I'm trying to have a real world life...and that doesn't agree with my hobby life...i really wish I could just merge the two...lol

Interesting thread imo
There has been NO adjustment for inflation or the higher rental costs that are just crazy now in DFW (and I'm guessing in other areas as well). Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
With all due respect, ma'am, I don't think that's how most of the client base sees it.

Anecdotally, there's the guy who paid 240 this week for a 30-minute session that involved only L1 and CFS.

Personally, what I was paying 240 for four years ago now goes for, last time I checked, 350. A mediocre handjob from an admittedly smokin' hot young woman that cost me 140 a few years ago was 200 for less than an hour earlier this year.

And, generally, rate inflation is a frequent topic of discussion in the ML.

It may not be reality, but a lot of guys perceive it as real.
Here's the thing about perception-- and I get where you're coming from--

Clients will complain about rates no matter where they are. I used to share an incall with someone who, at the time, charged double my rate. I would actually get MORE people trying to haggle my rate, ask for specials, or complain about my rate than she did...

This year I'm raising my rates for the first time in a while.. and even then, I'll be below what the supposed "average" is... but I guarantee, people will still cry about it.

I shared a cute little incall right before I moved out of Dallas in mid 2015. I believe rent there was $690. I checked out of curiosity to see what it would cost to rent that place now. $910. My old personal house that I rented for $900 is now sitting at $1400. Neither place is anything special.. just cute and cozy.

Dallas.. and even further... Texas... is incredibly spoiled. Ask any gentleman who hobbies elsewhere, and they'll tell you the same. But-- I guess the saying is true... the more you spoil someone, the more they expect.

I always thought the rise in popularity of quick visits and blow and go's was because these new younger hobbyists can't keep from popping for a whole hour LOL.

That and they only have an hour for lunch, including drive time.

Oh hooker math...

• Crock
  • 02-06-2018, 04:24 PM
I know that in the past few years, there have been some that have mentioned ladies raising their rates but I can promise you, that the average rates of sex workers in Texas have gone down over the years. Originally Posted by ElisabethWhispers
On what data are you basing this "average?" I haven't gathered any meaningful statistics, but I often take random samples from various forums.

If you look in the Welcome and Introductions forum and start keeping some simple stats, I think you'll see that the advertised rates are pretty high.

If you look in the review forums, I think you'll see that the reported rates are lower than advertised, but they still seem to be higher than they were just a few years ago.

I'm curious to know where you get your stats.
I think Elisabeth may have meant in comparison to the National average and the average in other markets of similar size to Dallas and Houston. Despite Texas boasting about their fabulous economy-- rates are lower in Texas than most anywhere else.
Most of us who get raises have taken on more responsibility and hours to increase our pay. If you’re talking about cost of living increases, they increase for everyone, not just providers. An increase of $50.00 on a $250.00 service is 16.6%.! Comparing rates with other cities or states is really a meaningless argument unless you are willing to travel or move.

Anyway comparing the ‘’hobby’’ to other business models is a waste of time. For us it’s a hobby not a ‘’necessity’’. As prices rise the client pool shirnks, there is a point when the ‘’hobby’’ becomes luxury!

Just my 0.02
Rent
Bills
Daycare
Health Insurance
Miscellaneous costs
Items for providing: (Wardrobe/Makeup/Toys/condoms)
Savings Account/Retirement
Car repairs/Gas

(I'm sure there is more items for others).

...And we still cost less than your wife or girlfriend...

Some gentleman understand the above and pay the rate, others complain, others go to street walkers, others get a naive sugar baby.
Most of us who get raises have taken on more responsibility and hours to increase our pay. If you’re talking about cost of living increases, they increase for everyone, not just providers. An increase of $50.00 on a $250.00 service is 16.6%.! Comparing rates with other cities or states is really a meaningless argument unless you are willing to travel or move.

Anyway comparing the ‘’hobby’’ to other business models is a waste of time. For us it’s a hobby not a ‘’necessity’’. As prices rise the client pool shirnks, there is a point when the ‘’hobby’’ becomes luxury!

Just my 0.02
Originally Posted by DFWClubgoer
We aren't hourly employees-- we're more like a commisssion-only sales force. Like others who work on straight commission, we adjust rates in order to adjust pay. If there isn't enough business to sustain a lady at her rate-- she'll adjust or move her territory elsewhere.

Just my .09 (adjusted for inflation)
Could it be that many have figured out that 15-30 minutes is the longest duration they can tolerate old, fat losers with whom they have nothing in common?
I'm sure that is part of it for some-- and once upon a time I knew a very popular woman who only did 30 minute sessions for that very reason.

I personally prefer at least an hour or two... but that's me. I like my "old, fat losers".