Verified Hobbyists?

In order for a lady to advertise, she needs to be a VP. There are different levels of "hobbyists" on Eccie, so why not have a VH (Verified hobbyist)status? Sure, you pay, you get to read the "rest of the story"

There are gentlemen who review
There are "gentlemen" who post reviews but they aren't confirmed. They could be providers, agents, etc
There are "hobbyists" who have a lot to say but don't do reviews, Bull sh*&.
There are lurkers who don't post anything but could be verified and proven to be legit.

IMHO, I think the gentlemen who are verified would have a little more credibility.

Take it for what it is worth. This is my opinion and I'\m sticking to it!
RIGHT. Like P411, very helpful for the ladies!
that would be great...but it still wouldnt take the place of you ladies screening us. just like us seeing 'vp' does not keep us from doing our research. but whatever makes things easier for everyone works for me
I apparently submitted an incomplete thread. Allow me to start over.

My point is that there are many "hobbyists" who chime in on threads, reviews, etc. I understand some guys don't want to review and I completely understand. My point is if the hobbyists were given a few "referrals" or "ok's" you would know who has something legit to say as opposed to someone who is online to cause drama or has another motive.

We all know there are sh&* starters on here and this is just a suggestion to discredit the fakes.
So who is to stop someone from paying to start a lot of drama? I think a person who doesn't review or pay for access shouldn't be looked down on or considered as not having something legit to say.

I like the way ECCIE is run. If a hobbyist wants to pay for certain extra access, that's fine. If a hobbyist wants to contribute a review to earn extra access, that is fine as well. I don't think we need to verify hobbyists by some formal method.

If you, as a provider, feel a certain hobbyist is abusive, drama queen, etc; you can simply ignore their comments. Also, if it is an issue related to actually meeting the hobbyist (i.e. he shorts you, is NCNS, etc), I'm sure you will use these forums to let your fellow providers know.

Finally, if you are looking for some way to rate/judge a hobbyist on the B.S. meter, I think VBulletin has a feature where board members can add to or subtract from any poster's "reputation". I've seen this feature on other boards run by VBulletin. I've also seen a feature where anyone can report an abusive posting. These are "technical" issues probably best left up to the board administrator and/or moderators.
P411!

They are screened. Read their profile, and, most importantly, CALL one or more of their references!!

If they have a presence on both sites, you should be pretty safe.
Not sure about the paid part on here. But I do like the ok's on p411. It makes it easier for us ladies to get the contact info as sometimes when the guys request our presence they are not able to come up with the contact info. I have had guys say I saw (example) Jordan and Summer. Ummmm there are alot of ladies with the same name. I am just saying like if they contact us by phone or did not keep the contact info on that lady it would just be easier for everyone involved.

Just my 2 cents.
Heidilynn, I understand your concern. Personally, one of the principal reasons I do reviews is for credibility, both to my fellow hobbyists and to providers who take the time to check me out further than a few calls. It's true, anybody can pay for access. It's, by far, the easiest way in. But the way Eccie is set up, with a little due diligence, any provider should be able to weed out the misfits. I certainly screen the providers.
I apparently submitted an incomplete thread. Allow me to start over.

My point is that there are many "hobbyists" who chime in on threads, reviews, etc. I understand some guys don't want to review and I completely understand. My point is if the hobbyists were given a few "referrals" or "ok's" you would know who has something legit to say as opposed to someone who is online to cause drama or has another motive.

We all know there are sh&* starters on here and this is just a suggestion to discredit the fakes. Originally Posted by heidilynnla

I had a provider that I requested thru P411. I have over ten approvals from previous providers and she still wanted me to fill out some form. I emailed her back and said I would rather not fill any form out and she could call any of the providers and she said nope it was her policy and she was not changing it for any one. I did tell her that I was no longer interested. DUH