Standard and Poors are idiots....

so they downgrade the US to AA+.. these are same idiots who rated Subprime Mortgages a AAA... so I do not hold them to the gold standard of ratings agencies...

I do think they did the right thing in lowering the rating. It sends a big message to all Politicians out there from the Feds on down to the local Muni's..

GET OFF YOUR FUKING ASS AND QUIT SPENDING AND PAY YOUR FUKING BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUIT PUTTING IDEOLOGY IN FRONT OF COMMON FUKING SENSE!!!!!!!!!!1
Couldn't agree more. A credit rating downgrade and a single-day drop of 632 in the DJI - THAT is what happens when you put a COMMUNITY ORGANIZER and a TURBO TAX CHEAT in charge of the largest, most complex economy on the planet.

If I spend $100K a year and only make $60K, what's the right thing to do? Hold a gun to my boss' head and demand that he raise my salary to match my expenditures? Or do I turn off the premium cable channels and stop eating at restaurants 3 times a week to bring my expenditures in line with my salary? If I hold a gun to my boss' head, I'll spend the rest of my life in jail. But if Dimmocrats in Congress jack up taxes to pay for THEIR profligate spending, they get glowing editorials in the Austin American-Statesman. And Lloyd Doggett gets re-elected.