If Texas made prostitution legal but required a permit, would you?

A post I made in another thread where kaykay is headed to Vegas got me thinking and I know it has been discussed before but, if the State passed a law similar to Nevada where prostitution would be legal under certain conditions, including the need to apply for and get a permit, would you do that?

Keep in today is the computer age where sites like PublicData already provide tons of info on people.

Would you want to do this legally if it meant having to have that permit following you for the rest of your life?

I can see a Senior's only career day at PESH having a WHOLE new flavor to it.
Absolutely. That would be great. Hell, I've been the black sheep in the family, church kid gone bad, private school raised bad girl... this long. What's wrong with them knowing this?... lmao..

Good topic LL!!!
Absolutely. That would be great. Hell, I've been the black sheep in the family, church kid gone bad, private school raised bad girl... this long. What's wrong with them knowing this?... lmao..

Good topic LL!!! Originally Posted by Amber Rain

What's wrong with them knowing??? The exact reasons that they don't know now. Amber, I know you VERY personally. And I know most of your family and your children. You also know that I love you dearly. But what you've just said is a crock of shit....lmao. Whether this profession is legal with a permit required or not, it will still forever be socially unacceptable in the "real" world. Not that I personally give a FUCK about someone looking "down" on me, they will still NEVER know exactly who they are looking at. They can also kiss my lily white ass.....lmao!!!!

But seriously, I know this is not the case for every provider. I respect everyone's choice of what they do with their own lives. But I do fully understand that it is not just my reputation and dignity on the line here. I will always do everything in my power to protect my child and my family from having to feel that sense of disgrace. That just how my family is, and I know it is the way yours is too baby girl.....
"I know it is the way yours is too baby girl.....[/quote]"

Exactly.. YOU KNOW ME.
I wouldn't, purely because of the permits. That requires my actual name to be out there and for anybody to look me up and know my profession. I could care less, but considering I plan to work for LE one day.. it just wouldn't look favorable.
Does that mean I would need a gigilo card?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPM7jdE7gWs
If all the info was kept mostly private I think that would be great!
Im withyou Greatlite if it was private then yes i would and if it was not I still would...My family knows what i do and they might not like it but at least im not out taking from anyone so they dont care this is a great topic..cant wait to see what ppl say..
I suspect that any permit issued by any level of government would, almost by definition, have to become a matter of public record. Maybe the legal beagles on the board would care to comment on this.

For comparison's sake, does anyone know how Nevada handles legalized prostitution? Is there some registration required of the ladies?
The down side is normally when the government makes something "legal" with a permit or license, along with that they will attempt to control the activity with conditions, requirements and fees that may not be so favorable to the providers and their clients.
The down side is normally when the government makes something "legal" with a permit or license, along with that they will attempt to control the activity with conditions, requirements and fees that may not be so favorable to the providers and their clients. Originally Posted by grnhrn
what he said.

the government can stay the fuck out of my life, they already try to keep their noses and hands in places they don't belong.
I have worked at the Bunny Ranch in Carson City , NV.
When i got there i was takin to the clinic and testesd for STDs/HIV.
You are then takin to the local Sheriffs department and finger printed and a photo is takin of you and a license is then sent to the house you are working at.
It is ONLY legal in the Brothals.
There are several other "houses" out there as well .
This does become public record.
You are required to be STD tested weekly and you must renew your license EVERY year.
You pay around $250 for the STD test each week then you pay for the license i think thats around $75 or so then you have to pay a $25-$30 room fee a day and then the "house" gets 50% of everything you make.

If this is how it would be i would NOT want that to be done. I get the license and STD/HIV testing but the regulations are very tight. There is NO GFE as you fellas know it here. There is a 3inch binder called the Bunny Bible that is nothing but rules and regulations.

Hope this helps !
I have worked at the Bunny Ranch in Carson City , NV.
When i got there i was takin to the clinic and testesd for STDs/HIV.
You are then takin to the local Sheriffs department and finger printed and a photo is takin of you and a license is then sent to the house you are working at.
It is ONLY legal in the Brothals.
There are several other "houses" out there as well .
This does become public record.
You are required to be STD tested weekly and you must renew your license EVERY year.
You pay around $250 for the STD test each week then you pay for the license i think thats around $75 or so then you have to pay a $25-$30 room fee a day and then the "house" gets 50% of everything you make.

If this is how it would be i would NOT want that to be done. I get the license and STD/HIV testing but the regulations are very tight. There is NO GFE as you fellas know it here. There is a 3inch binder called the Bunny Bible that is nothing but rules and regulations.

Hope this helps ! Originally Posted by Kaci Snow

I have to be in charge of all of money. No management needed. INCLUDING government. If I have to pay taxes... stay the hell out of my pocket people.... good points Kaci. I need you to call me BTW.
calling you now ! Love

Edit : I called you twice no answer !
Never.