Houston Beer

• klutz
  • 04-10-2013, 12:42 PM
I know we have a little craft beer following here on the board so I just wanted to let you guys know:

Founder's Brewery is hitting Flying Saucer Downtown today... they'll be rocking some Kentucky Breakfast Stout that's aged in Oak Bourbon Barrels (if you checked the link, it's actually managed to get a 100/100 rating on beeradvocate).... they'll have 4 other goodies on tap as well.

Tomorrow they'll have Southern Tier Brewery's famous "Creme Brulee" beer... yeah, I just said Creme Brulee... expecting it to be pretty amazing. I'm not sure when they'll be releasing Choklat

This is the first time these beers are hitting the Houston market and I wholeheartedly intend to throw money at them to welcome their arrival.

Prost!
Are they GFE or PSE?
  • klutz
  • 04-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Depends how much you drink.
Originally Posted by SOULMANIKE
Me too, Craft beer is awesome : )
Originally Posted by SOULMANIKE
Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Kentucky breakfast stout sounds intriguing. I'll have to stop by. Always down for double IPAs, strong belgian ales and the occasional stout.
Creme Burlee huh?
Maybe I'll stop by tonight. With almost 100 on tap I'll find something.
Wish I would have read this before I left downtown, I wonder if the sugar land flying saucer will have it.
Do they have pork skins?
Made it, but trying a flight of the few more potent beers I haven't already sampled
Let us know which you like best... I'm tempted to try that Creme Brûlée brew tomorrow...
The Kentucky breakfast stout was sold out in 7 minutes!! Lol... See if the have any divine reserve 13 left. Or just get a couple samplers. I'm game if a crew wants to meet here one night for beer and food.