Did someone find a loophole to legalize this hobby?

• ackvt
  • 01-21-2014, 09:51 AM
I found this website a few months ago and am kind of surprised no one here has written about it like Arrangement Finders, Ashley Madison etc. has several threads. The site is www.whatsyourprice.com. I have a trial membership so haven't really tested the waters, I can look but not communicate. If you haven't heard of it women post profiles/pictures and guys bid, like an auction I think, on a date with them. Obviously guys will have a profile too and women on the site will contact you asking you to bid on a date with them. So guys can initiate a date or the ladies can.

The flow of money, how much the woman gets of the price paid, is unknown to me, but I suspect she gets a good share of it. Also as I have not bid on any dates I don't know how much these women get, $50, $500, probably depends on how good looking she is. This sounds very similar to this hobby here, but kind of with a less illegal feel to it. Now who knows what happens on the dates, is it really a wine and dine get to know you and lead to a potential LTR, or is it back to a notel for a couple of hours? None of that is explicitly stated, for obvious reasons. But as guys are paying up front for a date I'd think the latter is more the norm. From the browsing I've seen there aren't too many profiles that read like a match.com profile, definately more of a "good time to be had here, no strings" profiles.

Anyway, anyone have real experience with this? Is it just another way to find a provider? Any providers using this to get work?
From a legal perspective I have no idea.

But practically speaking, you have to pay to contact girls, then pay to meet ($50 average I read), then pay for the date. There's no guarantee of sex and even if there were, is the girl discounting her rate to compensate for the additional outlay prior to the session? Doubtful.

I think it's an interesting experiment for online dating sites but as far as a good way to find providers? Not likely.

My suspicion is that there are more scammers and strippers with GPS on there than true UTRs

I haven't used it though so who knows, just my opinion.
  • ackvt
  • 01-21-2014, 11:04 AM
But practically speaking, you have to pay to contact girls, then pay to meet ($50 average I read), then pay for the date. There's no guarantee of sex and even if there were, is the girl discounting her rate to compensate for the additional outlay prior to the session? Doubtful.
Originally Posted by SpiceItUp
I agree, the financials from the guys perspective don't make sense. Much of what we spend money for on this hobby doesn't make sense. Maybe this is a way for a UTR girl to get some more attention on a limited basis. Maybe a way for a provider to meet longer term higher quality regulars. This just can't be a regular dating Website, the whole highest bidder soils that for anyone really interested in finding a SO.

So who are the women using this? SB's, UTR's?
It's been discussed here.......look around.
  • Trey
  • 01-21-2014, 11:28 AM
Probably just a bunch of fake ads and bots sending emails to you to get you to pay. But if you land something real (or fake) let us know.
  • drax1
  • 01-21-2014, 11:36 AM
I believe a great provider is the best value. You know what your getting for your money up front.

I've seen older guys in bars spend much more money on a bar fly and get nothing but the bills after they figure out the bar fly is using them.
I went on one date from that site...it was a disaster. I really did it out if curiosity. It was probably the worst date I've ever had.

The guy was demanding and critical and actually thought he bought me for the evening for the small fee he paid. I told him to keep his cash and I left. He also made me drive to some place called Tomball...since he was paying.

The girls KNOW they can lead you on and imply you are going to get some...then act all shocked when you try to make a move.

It's a recipe for disaster.
I bet my 1.3" of dangling death will look pretty good in comparison.
I bet my 1.3" of dangling death will look pretty good in comparison. Originally Posted by pyramider
Next to that guy? Indeed.
  • drax1
  • 01-21-2014, 06:52 PM
"...some place called Tomball." ha ha ha
No offense to the Tomballers...but that was the worst part.
  • Trey
  • 01-21-2014, 07:10 PM
Tomball does suck, nothing there worth seeing. When I was younger I lived near there only thing to do was go to the four corners. Four corners is just in intersection with strip centers and fast food I think they had a walmart there or something as well. As I said Tomball sucks. So how much of the fee did you get?
Once again, LilMynx proves her worth on this site with valuable info from her perspective. Experience is a very valuable thing and when you combine it with intelligence it can be an awesome thing...!!! IJS

Thanks LilMynx... Good Job Again!!!
Once again, LilMynx proves her worth on this site with valuable info from her perspective. Experience is a very valuable thing and when you combine it with intelligence it can be an awesome thing...!!! IJS

Thanks LilMynx... Good Job Again!!!
Tomball does suck, nothing there worth seeing. When I was younger I lived near there only thing to do was go to the four corners. Four corners is just in intersection with strip centers and fast food I think they had a walmart there or something as well. As I said Tomball sucks. So how much of the fee did you get? Originally Posted by Trey
I actually don't remember exactly. It was about $85. I made it a low number precisely so he wouldn't think it was a P4P situation. Plus we went to some place that served beer and wings. Which is fine, but cheap. The whole date cost about a third of what most of my dates would normally cost. Even cheaper when you consider I gave him the $ back.