Patty Hearst wow

• R.M.
  • 11-09-2016, 08:03 PM
I have always had an interest in her and just read about her. Do you any of you really think they {Symbionese Liberation Army}brain washed her or she commented the crimes on her own accord?
She only spent twenty two months in prison President Carter gave her a hall pass.
I think she was a rich, white girl who wanted some excitement. She has a beautiful daughter who has done some semi-nude modeling.
I have always had an interest in her and just read about her. Do you any of you really think they {Symbionese Liberation Army}brain washed her or she commented the crimes on her own accord?
She only spent twenty two months in prison President Carter gave her a hall pass. Originally Posted by R.M.
I think she was a rich, white girl who wanted some excitement. She has a beautiful daughter who has done some semi-nude modeling. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
i'd have to say its the combination of the 2.
Who knows what was actually in her mind or what actually happened to her mind while in captivity.
Could be she was just interested in getting some BBC and got caught up in all the excitement.
there is the Stockholm syndrome to consider

I know for a fact that when someone is in an environment for a time, things that are terrible to do become acceptable and rationalized as a deserving consequence of some rule breaking on the part of those "deserving" punishment

there is also the immature mind a of young person. you can see that work out time and time again in the actions and beliefs and voting patterns of the college age kids being swayed by leftists. their minds arent mature enough to withstand things
  • DSK
  • 11-10-2016, 07:55 AM
She only spent twenty two months in prison President Carter gave her a hall pass. Originally Posted by R.M.
I think she was more scared of her captives than brainwashed. She grew up in such a protected environment she probably never had to fight back, plus at first, it might have been amusing, and she figured her rich daddy would save her like always.

If President Carter gave her the pass, he likely fully believed her story. He is a decent guy, though misguided, like he is about the Palestinians.
She got sick and tired of delivering newspapers and this seemed to be a "cool thing" to do.
I think she was mostly brainwashed and deserved the pardon.. I saw her in Los Angeles some years back, and have always liked her personally.

I remember during her capture, the SLA demanded the city of San Francisco provide free groceries for "the poor". one black woman was filmed, I remember her saying "I want my groceries".. seeing that as a kid, my reaction was "shame on you, for exploiting the situation for your personal gain".. it was on par with looting, IMO..
I guess you didn't know that they kept her in a closet all the time and only let her out to rape her.
I have lived in a situation where there was seen in many an extreme fragility of self and actions and environment did alter selves quite readily.

in regard to Patty Hearst there was a long trial, her defense attorney was F. Lee Bailey, who attempted the Stockholm syndrome defense, possibly at the behest of patty hearst's parents who were paying the bill.

She tried also to claim rape, but that claim had many holes, so to speak

she was sentenced to 7 years, from which carter commuted to time served

Commentator George Will, reflecting on the Hearst story, saw it as a demonstration of "the fragility of the individual's sense of self." Will observed that Arthur Koestler's classic political novel Darkness at Noon featured a sinister figure named Gletkin who was a master mind bender. Will worried: "The disturbing thought is not that the SLA had some cunning Gletkin who destroyed Tania's sense of her former self. The disturbing thought is that no Gletkin was needed."
Shame on them for forcing her into the closet.
It's difficult to ascertain he real facts about what reall happenned in this whole sordid affair.

Like a lot of young college age people now who are spoiled brats and blindly follow the likes of Betnie Sanders, she probably got caught up in something before she realized the absolute evil she was getting involved with.

That being said, I always got a kick out of DeFreeze referring to himself as "General Field Marshal Cingue". I guess if you are going to bestow a rank upon yourself, it might as well go all the way.
  • R.M.
  • 11-12-2016, 08:14 AM
It's difficult to ascertain he real facts about what reall happenned in this whole sordid affair.

Like a lot of young college age people now who are spoiled brats and blindly follow the likes of Betnie Sanders, she probably got caught up in something before she realized the absolute evil she was getting involved with.

That being said, I always got a kick out of DeFreeze referring to himself as "General Field Marshal Cingue". I guess if you are going to bestow a rank upon yourself, it might as well go all the way. Originally Posted by Jackie S
I was listening to the Youtube video that was posted above and I heard De Freeze call himself General Field Marshal Cingue. He thought well of himself.
I think she was a rich, white girl who wanted some excitement. She has a beautiful daughter who has done some semi-nude modeling. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Good point rich white girl wanting excitement.It's got people talking and researching and watching Youtube.