frustrated

Came to LA for the week to enjoy the sun rays and lovely beach. The men were not as polite as texans. so glad to be coming back to Dallas.

message me lets chat!!!
Too many vegans in California 😁😁
Too many vegans in California 😁😁 Originally Posted by Shep3.0
Yep. Shitting cucumbers & jalapeņos all day makes you pissy....
  • JROD
  • 09-12-2019, 04:42 AM
I was in LA last week too. I’ll take Texas any day.
Sophie, I hear you! Travel there for business frequently. Seems the relaxed Cali attitude is no longer!

Sadly, Texas is turning into a second California with the tremendous migration of residents to our fair state. I guess they have ruined California enough, essentially making it a lousy place to live and now they want to screw up Texas too!
Sophie, I hear you! Travel there for business frequently. Seems the relaxed Cali attitude is no longer!

Sadly, Texas is turning into a second California with the tremendous migration of residents to our fair state. I guess they have ruined California enough, essentially making it a lousy place to live and now they want to screw up Texas too! Originally Posted by Billy Babitt
I'm not sure I'd go quite that far, but - I travel back and forth to SoCal to deal with affairs, and it's TRUE - there are so many Californians cashing$$$ out their expensive homes, and buying McMansions here. It's a matter of time until the politics will also be affected.

Sophie - to your point - I think I know why you sense that Texans are nicer - I observe that some Californians really have things so good (skyrocketing home values, big Salarie$, and so on) - they can have a unique sense of entitlement, they feel things should be wonderful for them all the time, everywhere. Not everyone, but I definitely notice this.

But - my experience with Texas is different. Dallas has become a sprawling MetroMess of HDQ companies relocating here. With that relocation comes a LOT of high paying, powerful Cxx level jobs, and executive positions. Individuals at this level (not all, but many) can be VERY DEMANDING and Arrogant, some of the most aggressive and irritating people to deal with. For this reason, I do NOT see the politeness you are referring to - unless I'm in a smaller city outside the major MetroMesses here. This is perhaps skewed by my jaded experience in the business world - jerks.

However - my experiences in SoCal have been great. I spend a lot of time in the Anaheim, Huntington Beach area, and I really enjoy the cooler weather, laid back attitudes, and the diversity of people and cultures. Someday ,I may live out there part time, as I'm drawn to the car culture, beaches, mountains, cooler weather.
I you like the sun and beach we should take a long weekend in Mexico!
Can you blame those Californians for being rude?

First they are living in a Democratic state.

Second they have to live together with 3 millions illegal aliens which accounts for over 1/4 of the 11.2 millions illegal aliens currently in the USA.

Third they also have to pay to support those 3 millions illegal aliens.

California gives illegal aliens free benefits like health care and cash assistance and food assistance and housing assistance

and guess who pays for that?

The legal residents of California.

Also some major banks in California will give an illegal alien who does not have a U.S. Social Security number and a valid Driver's License or ID from California or any of the other 49 states:

a checking account and/or a credit card.
As SF pointed out, it’s a shitty place. All those high paying jobs doing cutting edge work. Soaring home values. Wonderful weather. And a thriving economy that would be the fifth biggest in the world if it was its own country. And a GDP roughly the size of France’s or the UK’s. It’s a wonder anybody is still there.

But for laid back, you really need to go to Northern California or San Diego, not LA. .
SoCal is better .