Properly Fitted Hat

Just a quick observation; I saw a great provider yesterday that pulled out a hat for me to wear, and it was labeled "Magnum". I looked at her accusingly and asked if she was trying to flatter me. She explained that as long as there is a good secure fit, Magnum is better for most men. Now that I've tried, I completely agree. Hard to enjoy yourself while being strangled. (Also not all of us are 25 years old anymore). Priority one of course: hobby safe. But just some fyi on both sides to consider.
Hat ?

If it just covers the head, you've definitely been using the wrong size.

It's supposed to cover the entire body and torso also.

Try using a full body raincoat instead.

You know, I think magnum is more for girth than length. I've got some length, but I'm average girth, so I've had problems with them slipping off. Not good. Freaked me out both times it happened. Now, I know and avoid the magnums like the plague.
What is the qualifying size to be considered for using a magnum. I have been strangled before with some standard condoms, one time with a fllavored condom that would barely go on, sometimes standard fits good but have had some experience with the magnums and seem to work better. Trogan ultra thins are tappered to the base and fit snugger, for me anyway.
I put it out there because I thought all condoms were the same; bad! But the mags really made a difference. Just like your ATF: important to have a good fit!
I would love to hear other gentleman chime in on a favorite condom. I don't think there is a min. standard for Magmum...but I get your point.

I can learn something new...so far I am hearing that you guys like options, correct?
When I saw the thread title, I thought it was really about hats. It was only after I thought about it for a second did it make sense in the context of this board
You know, I think magnum is more for girth than length. I've got some length, but I'm average girth, so I've had problems with them slipping off. Originally Posted by Takeshi Miike
I agree. I'm the exact opposite, have above average girth but average length. My ex and my first providers noted I should use a larger one. Regular condoms choked me and really prevented me from finishing so I gave Magnums a shot. That did the trick.

Now its just a question of which type of magnum I want to use. (regular, thin, her pleasure..etc)
I agree. I'm the exact opposite, have above average girth but average length. My ex and my first providers noted I should use a larger one. Regular condoms choked me and really prevented me from finishing so I gave Magnums a shot. That did the trick.

Now its just a question of which type of magnum I want to use. (regular, thin, her pleasure..etc) Originally Posted by BigTee
I'm the exact same way: avg length, above avg girth. I had a provider just this last week tell me that I needed a bigger cover. Who knew? I'm new to the hobby and haven't worn one in years. I would have thought that Magnum would be too big but maybe I should give it a try.
I googled how to choose right condom and got really good information. Too tight = risk of breakage. Too loose = risk of slip off.

I would love to hear other gentleman chime in on a favorite condom. I don't think there is a min. standard for Magmum...but I get your point.

I can learn something new...so far I am hearing that you guys like options, correct? Originally Posted by Ava Stone
Ava, I think options are a good idea for both of us. You can give your date a quick once over and choose which size/style you think would work for him; and, if you suit him up and it doesn't seem to be right, you can switch (if you have options available). The more I read the more I realize fit is important for safety as well as comfort.

Maybe you and I could get together sometime and "get scientific" about the whole thing
I googled how to choose right condom and got really good information. Too tight = risk of breakage. Too loose = risk of slip off.

Ava, I think options are a good idea for both of us. You can give your date a quick once over and choose which size/style you think would work for him; and, if you suit him up and it doesn't seem to be right, you can switch (if you have options available). The more I read the more I realize fit is important for safety as well as comfort.

Maybe you and I could get together sometime and "get scientific" about the whole thing Originally Posted by JacobJ

Yes, let's. We can try on different ones and report back to the group
You know, I think magnum is more for girth than length. I've got some length, but I'm average girth, so I've had problems with them slipping off. Not good. Freaked me out both times it happened. Now, I know and avoid the magnums like the plague. Originally Posted by Takeshi Miike
Some adult stores sells condoms singly, so you can buy a few and see what's the best fit. If you are even in San Francisco, there's a nice store called Good Vibrations. They have a little description under each container stating the dimensions of the product. Very useful information, I wish more stores did that.

I did find their condom listing online, which does have some info on each one:
http://www.goodvibes.com/display_cat...ow=ALLPRODUCTS

For some reason I don't see it here, but there is a condom called Pleasure Plus that seems to be good for those who are more lengthy than girthy. It also has a pouch at the head for extra breathing room
They have condoms for wide men, they are just harder (haha!) to find in mainstream outlets.

Check out the "super-size" pack on this page, and also the GV-branded Xtra Wide. GV used to sell a branded version of my fave, Pleasure Plus, but I don't see it on this chart:

Condom Chart:
http://www.goodvibes.com/content.jhtml?id=Condom-Chart

A condom is only effective if sized correctly, and put on/removed properly. Which means pinch the tip as you roll it on to inhibit air bubbles, and remove by holding the bottom to keep it from being "grabbed" by the lady and pulled off.

You'd be amazed at how many guys don't know how to apply/remove a condom properly. I prefer to do it myself.
  • ztonk
  • 09-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Some ladies have a variety of brands to choose from. Of course, if you need a special hat, you could always bring the lady some of your favorites. (and leave them if you have an s.o!)

z