Galleria area or Downtown?

I'm sure this has probably been beat to death, but I'm coming back up to Big D at the end of the week for some quality play time and can't decide between downtown and the Galleria area.

Galleria area always seems to be a decent place to stay but I saw some really good deals on upscale hotels downtown and was wondering if there's a downside to downtown? Also, by DFW is bad or good?

Any help is welcome and appreciated.
I don't know anyone who likes to go downtown. There are so many one-way streets it's easy to get turned around and not know how to get back, the parking is a mess and usually will cost you. Speaking for myself I avoid downtown as much as possible.

Irving, one of the areas near the airport, is know for LE activity and is typically said to avoid.
Downtown really sucks! The Galleria area best!
I'll probably get slammed for this but there are some nice, cheap, discreet hotels in Addison, just east of the Galleria/tollway area. Downtown...no. Just north of downtown is OK along Central.
Galleria area!! I never go downtown!!!
Galleria area for sure!
thanks guys. this helps a lot
Yeah I've been downtown before and I hated it. One way streets , a pain to find parking and expensive when you do find it. However The Galleria area can be a real pain sometimes also because of the construction on freeway 635. I've had a couple of times when I was heading to an appointment and when I got on 635 it was a parking lot. Luckily I was near a exit and was able to get off and take side roads. I managed to make my appointments just a little late but it could have been alot worse. Can't wait till that construction is finished on 635.
I have a lot of fun near dfw and Grand Prairie 😜
Galleria
Galleria area is nice because its close to lots of great highways and easy to get in and out. I go downtown alot though. because I have clients that enjoy that area as well. So I balance between them both at times.
The Galleria are is NOT easy to get in and out of. Freeway 635 is being reconstructed now and it can be a huge hassle getting to and from the Galleria are. Part of 635 eastbound is going to be completely closed and traffic diverted off to side streets the entire weekend of Jan 17-19. GOOD LUCK.
I have a lot of fun near dfw and Grand Prairie 😜 Originally Posted by RikkiCaruso
You're all grown up now my beautiful friend