sutherland springs gun lawsuit against academy

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...ooter-n2542387

what are your thoughts on this lawsuit.

who's really to blame? Academy texas store who sold the weapon to the shooter who was from colorado.
Its the shooters fault! I'm so tired of these b/s frivolous lawsuits rolling the dice for a payday. Taking advantage of these tragedies is pathetic.
  • grean
  • 03-05-2019, 09:35 PM
Another bad guy passed a background check...

I don't believe it is illegal for a dealer with a FFL ( which I think Academy is) to sell firearms to out of state residents who pass a background check.

The plaintiffs would have a better shot going after airforce for failing to updating the system that allowed the shooter to pass background check.

I don't think Academy has much to worry about.

Everyone should remember that a guy with another rifle, who also an NRA member, killed the shooter.

The families are pissed and grieving. They should be. It's heart breaking.

The bad guy is dead though.
Easy come easy go.

I don’t think this suit is any more meritorious than the MAGA kid suing the WaPo for a quarter billion dollars.

But more tragic.
In most cases, rifles and shotguns can be sold across state lines subject to local ordinances.
The plaintiffs would have a better shot going after airforce for failing to updating the system that allowed the shooter to pass background check. Originally Posted by grean

problem with this idea is that AF has sovereign immunity. suing the govt. is a long shot proposition.

one only has to look at what happened in the Katrina lawsuit in New Orleans vs. the Corp of Engineers. the courts threw out the case under the immunity clause.
Another bad guy passed a background check...

I don't believe it is illegal for a dealer with a FFL ( which I think Academy is) to sell firearms to out of state residents who pass a background check.

The plaintiffs would have a better shot going after airforce for failing to updating the system that allowed the shooter to pass background check.

I don't think Academy has much to worry about.

Everyone should remember that a guy with another rifle, who also an NRA member, killed the shooter.

The families are pissed and grieving. They should be. It's heart breaking.

The bad guy is dead though. Originally Posted by grean
The bad guy is dead, and the 2nd amendment is alive and well.

Anyone who doesn't like that can [redacted].
Its the shooters fault! I'm so tired of these b/s frivolous lawsuits rolling the dice for a payday. Taking advantage of these tragedies is pathetic

AGREE 100% ,
Although ultimately it is the shooter's fault, the govt, (not Academy) needs to be held accountable. One needs to look at the FLA school shooting to see the incompetence and failures of govt officials at the Federal, State, local and school board level. Again, as far as I know, no people from those various agencies have been disciplined.
Of course Academy is guilty. They are the ones who have the insurance.

It all about $$$$$$$ and Lawyers $$$$$