John McCain dead at 81

Trump should declassify documents pertaining to McCains POW behavior. This guy should never have been made senator.

what was interesting that unlike other POWs, their rank increased upward, McCains rank never increased during his captivity and freedom. the scretaries then at time knew of his activities and refused to press charges on him and apparently there others like him.

that's why I said he was YELLOW. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
He wasn't "made senator". He was ELECTED Senator. Not once, but 6 times.

Wtf are you insinuating about the guy? He spent 6 years as a POW and was tortured. You don't get tortured for cooperating with your captors. Wtf "activities" are you accusing him of? And why are you trying to drag his honor through the mud upon his death? That's disgusting. It tells us more about you than about him.
Cost him dearly.

So then are you saying she was HIS fuckup?
Cost him dearly.

So then are you saying she was HIS fuckup? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
He owned that decision. And he never tried to disown it.

It didn't "cost him dearly" either.

McCain lost in 2008 because the economy was in free fall. Polls had him running even with Obama on Labor Day. Then Lehman Brothers failed, TARP was passed, stock values plummeted, banks were being bailed out, credit dried up, layoffs ramped up. That's what scared millions of voters and drove them into the arms of the Democrats. Not an obscure running mate from Alaska.
so you’re saying pickin Palin over, say Joe Lieberman or someone else wasn’t a mistake?
My guess is that you would have voted for McCain no matter who was running against him. Have you EVER voted for a Democrat for POTUS? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Hell no!!!
so you’re saying pickin Palin over, say Joe Lieberman or someone else wasn’t a mistake? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
That was a mistake though I do like her.

I didn't realize the extent of the misogyny of the Democrats.
so you’re saying pickin Palin over, say Joe Lieberman or someone else wasn’t a mistake? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Didn't say that. I said the economy was a sinkhole for McCain no matter who was his running mate.

This started because you claimed he was "forced" by the GOP to pick Palin. That fits your phony narrative that the GOP is/was run by some far-right cabal. It's completely false and you know it. Still waiting for your retraction.
OK.
That was a mistake though I do like her.

I didn't realize the extent of the misogyny of the Democrats. Originally Posted by friendly fred
That ludicrous. So if you don’t like a female candidate, you’re a misogynist?

Ironic you would bring that up, friendly fred.

Wtf are you insinuating about the guy? He spent 6 years as a POW and was tortured. You don't get tortured for cooperating with your captors. Wtf "activities" are you accusing him of? And why are you trying to drag his honor through the mud upon his death? That's disgusting. It tells us more about you than about him. Originally Posted by lustylad
well I don't know. McCain did have a nickname while being a POW he was called the "Songbird" I don't think it was because he sang to the other POW's to soothe their nerves.

Jim
Trump should declassify documents pertaining to McCains POW behavior. This guy should never have been made senator.

what was interesting that unlike other POWs, their rank increased upward, McCains rank never increased during his captivity and freedom. the scretaries then at time knew of his activities and refused to press charges on him and apparently there others like him.

that's why I said he was YELLOW. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

And with his FELLOW POW's calling him Songbird, i have to laugh at how MANY morons in the press-corp (even at Fox), are calling him a decorated hero.

Never worry about that. I’m sure the AZ governor has had a list of people for months just in case this happened. In fact I’m sure every state has their list of people for replacing senators and congressmen Originally Posted by Stockinglover

IMO he should have been replaced the MOMENT he announced he had brain cancer. Much like if you get diagnosed with alzheimers or certain other mental ailments, you get asked to leave..

Wtf are you insinuating about the guy? He spent 6 years as a POW and was tortured. You don't get tortured for cooperating with your captors. Wtf "activities" are you accusing him of? And why are you trying to drag his honor through the mud upon his death? That's disgusting. It tells us more about you than about him. Originally Posted by lustylad
not disgusting, but the simple truth. you're just burying your head on what he did.

I believe the words of the POWs who were there and they wanted John McCain tried for treason for some of things he did. He also did radio broadcast for the enemy.

they did not believe he was tortured. To avoid toture, he gave flight intel to Vietnamese officials which led to more aircraft getting shot down. i should note he had pretty serious injuries resulting from his being shot down and receiving a hard landing (I think he was beat up too by the natives). He was transferred to a decent hospital which is probably where the "hotel" comment came from.

his tenure as pow was far from being comfortable, but he was no hero.
And with his FELLOW POW's calling him Songbird, i have to laugh at how MANY morons in the press-corp (even at Fox), are calling him a decorated hero.

IMO he should have been replaced the MOMENT he announced he had brain cancer. Much like if you get diagnosed with alzheimers or certain other mental ailments, you get asked to leave.. Originally Posted by garhkal
I know that many do not put much faith in Snopes but if you can provide any proof to the contrary please do so:

CLAIM

Sen. John McCain was referred to as "Songbird John" following his imprisonment during the Vietnam War.

RATING

False

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wa...lton-songbird/
not disgusting, but the simple truth. you're just burying your head on what he did.

I believe the words of the POWs who were there and they wanted John McCain tried for treason for some of things he did. He also did radio broadcast for the enemy.

they did not believe he was tortured. To avoid toture, he gave flight intel to Vietnamese officials which led to more aircraft getting shot down. i should note he had pretty serious injuries resulting from his being shot down and receiving a hard landing (I think he was beat up too by the natives). He was transferred to a decent hospital which is probably where the "hotel" comment came from.

his tenure as pow was far from being comfortable, but he was no hero. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Bullshit. Nobody called him "songbird" until he was smeared with that epithet during the 2008 campaign, 35 years after his POW release. He wrote a book in which he admitted giving the NV his ship's name and squadron number. When they asked for the names of his squadron members, he said he gave the names of the Green Bay Packers' offensive line. There is zero evidence that he gave any "flight intel... which led to more aircraft being shot down." McCain was shot down in October 1967. A few months later he was placed in solitary confinement. For two fucking years. You don't get thrown into solitary for 2 years for cooperating with your captors. After 2 years, most of what he knew would have been obsolete. By then, the NV figured they could score more propaganda points by bringing him out of solitary and pretending to the world he was being treated humanely.

I disagree with parts of his voting record, but that's politics. That's fair game. I am disgusted with anyone who suggests he wasn't enough of a combat hero, or even worse, tries to smear him as some kind of Jane Fonda traitor. Especially within 24 hours of the man's death.
OK.
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Didn't think you had it in you. Lol.