A Compliment To the Gentlemen

You would not believe the phone calls and emails I've gotten since on the road. I'm not new to touring, but I am new to touring up north. Man, these people are really angry about something! I think I've grown accustomed to the mostly polite and respectful gentlemen I've met in the South, and especially in Arkansas.
Am most sorry to hear that renowned and admired lady must endure less than respectful reception among savage Northmen. Perhaps, you cast your pearls before swine. Gentlemen in this vicinity, while grieved at disrespect to good friend , may selfishly hope will bring most appreciated lady home all the sooner to those whose affections are in keeping with fair ladys quality.
Lily...you only needed to go as far north as Kansas City, we are Arkansas lite when it comes to manners, but not nearly as bad as where you have been..sorry about their lack of hospitality!
As long ago as the war of Northern Aggression, it was known that gentlemen from the South had far better manners. And they wonder why they're referred to as "Damn Yankees" . . .
As long ago as the war of Northern Aggression, it was known that gentlemen from the South had far better manners. And they wonder why they're referred to as "Damn Yankees" . . . Originally Posted by arklookn4lovn
Hey watch it, Mr.! I'm a Damn Yankee! I think I have very good manners, thank you very much.
Evidence would suggest most of the polite ones have come South.
Hey watch it, Mr.! I'm a Damn Yankee! I think I have very good manners, thank you very much. Originally Posted by Girl Nexxxt Door
Very?...
Evidence would suggest most of the polite ones have come South. Originally Posted by Mr.Chan
Some of us still consider ourselves Northerners in exile, however.

Cheers,

bcg
Some of us still consider ourselves Northerners in exile, however.

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy

Still others consider ourselves southerners born in the wrong zipcode. My accent may be midwestern, but I feel like a stranger in a strange land up there.
Still others consider ourselves southerners born in the wrong zipcode. My accent may be midwestern, but I feel like a stranger in a strange land up there. Originally Posted by 2wheels2fun
Yeah! What he said!

Kiss my grits, Lily...or more appropriately, my oatmeal.

:P