Is Tomlin coming to UT?

I just heard a report on a local Pgh radio station that UT is interested in Mike Tomlin. Tomlin may be just one HC on UTs wish list. Any scuttlebutt about this in Austin? I think UT could do better. It's 20 deg here today.

Fuckin cold
No Tomlin isn't coming to UT. They are throwing out every name under the sun in regards to the job, though the only name that really matters is Saban.

If that doesn't happen, which is looking more likely that it will, then either a coach with some ties to Texas and/or college football would be the logical choice.

It's a totally different animal than the NFL. There's a lot of blowhards trying to bust the story wide open with speculation about the position and who might be coming, but rest easy. Tomlin will remain with the Steelers as long as he wants.
No Tomlin isn't coming to UT. They are throwing out every name under the sun in regards to the job, though the only name that really matters is Saban.

If that doesn't happen, which is looking more likely that it will, then either a coach with some ties to Texas and/or college football would be the logical choice.

It's a totally different animal than the NFL. There's a lot of blowhards trying to bust the story wide open with speculation about the position and who might be coming, but rest easy. Tomlin will remain with the Steelers as long as he wants. Originally Posted by lonestarhobby
Only way thet overrated (Hey, now thet he's runnin' outta Cowher's players, it ain't so dang easy ta win games is it, buddy?) crazy-ass cheatin' return-intafering sumbitch Mike Tomlin is coming ta UT is if'n here's a-comin ta be Nick Saban's waterboy on tha sidelines. Tomlin weren't fit fer ta that clown David Shula's jockstrap let alone be an NFL haid coach.

It's a totally different animal than the NFL. There's a lot of blowhards trying to bust the story wide open with speculation about the position and who might be coming, but rest easy. Tomlin will remain with the Steelers as long as he wants. Originally Posted by lonestarhobby
Nah, Tomlin will not stay here as long as he wants. If the Steelers have another year like this one, he'll be on thin ice. Rooney said they had the talent to be a playoff team after last season. He made comments about the lack of conditioning and commitment of the players. That was really a shot at Tomlin. I think he's on thin ice now. Is Saban likely? Bama already said that they will make him the highest paid coach in college football. While the UT job is high profile, not anymore than Bama's. Unless Saban truly likes Austin, I don't see him leaving. They should have been talking to the Boise State guy, he can flat out coach.
Yes, it's sounding more and more likely that Saban is the man. Apparently a 10 year and $100 million offer on the table from UT. Also, him and his wife just closed on a house in Austin last week….
Yes, it's sounding more and more likely that Saban is the man. Apparently a 10 year and $100 million offer on the table from UT. Also, him and his wife just closed on a house in Austin last week…. Originally Posted by lonestarhobby
I guess he does like Austin.
I was hoping for Saban but he just inked a contract extension with Alabama so it won't be him.
I was hoping for Saban but he just inked a contract extension with Alabama so it won't be him. Originally Posted by Little Monster
Don't you love how rumors get started?? So many believed Saban was on his way to Austin as their new HC. Why leave Alabama? Fans there are more loyal and fanatical than UT fans. Easier to get academically marginal players into Bama than it is into UT.

I'm sure Saban is treated like a god in Alabama and it just would not be that way in Austin unless he turned out championships.
The rumors never made since....He has a top job at a top conference with the same money?????????
The big problem with UT is too many believe their own BS
The rumors never made since....He has a top job at a top conference with the same money?????????
The big problem with UT is too many believe their own BS Originally Posted by sunspots
How about $7-$7.5 million a year with his new extension. I wonder if you added up all the salaries of the faculty and administration what it would come to? Totally ridiculous.
Its called the match game.......plus Saban knows there are too many distractions at UT....
Its called the match game.......plus Saban knows there are too many distractions at UT.... Originally Posted by sunspots
Correct. Saban had no interest in UT. It wasn't like it was his dream job, a bargaining chip with Bama because UT has the money. No more, no less.
So, who the fuck they going to hire? The guy from Baylor?
I don't think it will happen, but would love to see Jim Harbaugh come to Texas. My reasoning is that not only is he a good coach, but he's also a Gigantic Prick and would not hesitate to dump a truck load of shit on Bob Stoops at every opportunity.
I don't think it will happen, but would love to see Jim Harbaugh come to Texas. My reasoning is that not only is he a good coach, but he's also a Gigantic Prick and would not hesitate to dump a truck load of shit on Bob Stoops at every opportunity. Originally Posted by chuckles
He ain't leavin Frisco. They're loaded. That's as big as pipedream as Saban. They'll end up with what's his name, Briles?