WHAT HAPPENS WHEN CITIZENS ARE DISARMED.......

Defenseless, you can be hunted down by thugs, with no option to defend you or your family; like this guy and his family in an SUV in NYC................with a gun you have an option to save yourself from becoming a victim....

Even in NYC, cops can't respond fast enough to save your life from thugs.....an hour long chase thru the streets of NYC and no cops to be found ! Driver Lien was all alone to defend his family, defenseless !

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1471585
As one commentator posted:

KULL&BONE2 minutes ago
I'm happy to see that the only people with guns (NYPD) arrived just in time to process the paperwork. If Lien had a gun he would have been able to defend himself a lot better. Good work Bloomberg and Kelly; Lien was a victim of you scumbags.
Silence peasant.

We know what is good for you, we are here to keep you safe from yourself.

Just not from others.

All the law enforcement made it home safe that day.

Just to let you know, LEO are handling things well in Buffalo

http://www.wben.com/Two-Security-Gua...tions/17415937

They had to many rounds in their mags.
As one commentator posted:

KULL&BONE2 minutes ago
I'm happy to see that the only people with guns (NYPD) arrived just in time to process the paperwork. If Lien had a gun he would have been able to defend himself a lot better. Good work Bloomberg and Kelly; Lien was a victim of you scumbags. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
I do agree that you can't expect the police to be around while a crime is being committed, Fact of life -- too few police and too much area to protect. I don't care whether you live in a major city like NY or a tiny village in a small state. There will never be enough police officers per square mile to prevent crime.

Now suppose Lien had a gun in his SUV and had been able to reach it. He may have gotten some shots off before he was dragged from his vehicle. Lien received some stitches at the hospital and was released. Not good but he and his family survived. Had Lien had a gun and shot a couple of the thugs, I would bet he would be dead today, and possibly his family too.

Owning a gun is not the simple answer to preventing crime, and in many cases such as this, we can only hypothesize on what may or may not have happened had Lien had a gun in his possession. Also, the title you gave to this thread is TOTALLY misleading. No one was disarmed. Lien was unarmed.
With the right to carry, Lien would have the option to decide for himself....without that right, Lien is left to be a defenseless victim..........
Whirly sure has a way with words, doesn't he?
No you have it wrong.....Lien was disarmed by the State of New York which makes it near impossible to get a license to legally carry.

. Also, the title you gave to this thread is TOTALLY misleading. No one was disarmed. Lien was unarmed. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
No you have it wrong.....Lien was disarmed by the State of New York which makes it near impossible to get a license to legally carry. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
The state of NY, and the city of NY, makes it difficult when compared to other states to legally carry a gun, but hardly impossible. NY also has many fewer deaths by firearms per 100,000 population than almost any other state. 5.1 in NY compared to 11.0 in Texas. Maybe NY is doing something right when it comes to gun control.

http://kff.org/other/state-indicator...te-per-100000/
With the right to carry, Lien would have the option to decide for himself....without that right, Lien is left to be a defenseless victim.......... Originally Posted by Whirlaway
You failed to address my unstated question as to what YOU believe would have happened to Lien had he been in possession of a gun. Approximately 30 bikers vs. one guy with a gun who, under the circumstances, may not have even been able to reach it before being dragged out of the vehicle.

Had Lien been able to shoot, for the sake of argument, 5 of the 30, what do you personally think the other 25 would then have done to Lien and his family?
NY is a "may issue" state.....it starts from the bias that a citizen has to prove his worthiness to carry before the state "may issue".............by being near impossible to carry, the state of NY is effectively disarming it's citizens.....

In most NY jurisdictions you can't get a permit until a judge thinks you are competent...you are effectively disarmed until you prove yourself....an unnecessary burden on citizens.
I think what would have happened is that Lien would have an option to shoot or not shoot depending on his state of mind.....and Lien would have to decide for himself what course of action was appropriate.

Why are you so bent on taking that option away from Lien ?

Since you want me to speculate; here is a reasonable speculation = if new yorkers had the right to carry, this incident may never happened.

You failed to address my unstated question as to what YOU believe would have happened to Lien had he been in possession of a gun. Approximately 30 bikers vs. one guy with a gun who, under the circumstances, may not have even been able to reach it before being dragged out of the vehicle.

Had Lien been able to shoot, for the sake of argument, 5 of the 30, what do you personally think the other 25 would then have done to Lien and his family? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Defenseless, you can be hunted down by thugs, with no option to defend you or your family; like this guy and his family in an SUV in NYC................with a gun you have an option to save yourself from becoming a victim....

Even in NYC, cops can't respond fast enough to save your life from thugs.....an hour long chase thru the streets of NYC and no cops to be found ! Driver Lien was all alone to defend his family, defenseless !

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1471585 Originally Posted by Whirlaway
An incident very similar to this is what convinced me to go ahead and get my CHL. About 5 years ago I was traveling west on I-20. Before I had a chance to react, approximately 100 motorcyclists entered the highway and stopped traffic across all 5 lanes. A small group of them began doing tricks and stunts in the middle of the highway. I happened to be at the front of the blocked traffic and, refusing to be bullied by these thugs, I threaded my way through a couple of rows of bikes and proceeded down the road.

A couple of minutes later I was surrounded by about a dozen of the bikers while doing about 70 mph. One of the riders pulled the exact move as the biker who was hit in the NYC video. He pulled in front of me and inched his way back to my bumper, (again at 70 mph), and tried to get me to stop. I didn't lift a millimeter. After about a mile he gave up and started circling my truck, slapping the sides and hitting my mirrors. All the while, the other bikers were trying to encircle me and force me to stop. Again, I didn't lift a millimeter.

After probably 5 miles, two county sheriffs came roaring up an entrance ramp and give chase. Needless to say, they all scattered like roaches and the cops were unable to apprehend any of them. A cop car is no match for a crotch rocket...

I found out later that, as in NYC, the cops knew about the ride before it happened, and attempted to shut it down, with no luck. I believe they eventually put together a multi-jurisdictional task force in the Metroplex and were able to stop at least some of these rides.

Discretion being the better part of valor, that time I stayed in my vehicle and was ready and willing to run over any idiot who made a mistake. Had it been only one or two riders, I would have pulled over and beat the shit out of the assholes with a tire thumper I keep in my truck. The next time, I will let Mr. Ruger speak for me...
This is a tough one. Was Lien wrong in the initial striking of the motorcycle? Was it an accident that just went out of controle? We're these Bikers a bunch of punks looking for trouble? One witness says so.

If they were punks out causing trouble, where were the police during all of that time?

I say give the Police investigation time to sort this out. Hopefully, they can bring who ever is wrong here to some type of justice.

I agree that Lien might have been safer if he was armed, but when confronted with a mob like that, all you could hope to do is take some of them with you.

This is a rare case that simply doesn't happen that often, so maybe many of our usual assumptions simply do not work here.

One thing else. If they can determine that the bikers did target Lien, and did so because he is Asian, there might be Hate Crime Laws in affect here.
The police arrested the initial rider who caused the confrontation with Lien; the police think the rider is criminally at fault, not driver Lien. It was not an "accident", the rider intentionally got in front of Lien and tried to force lien to stop - according to police charges.