A Negative for Obamacare

I have been very neutral thus far in assessing the impact of Obamacare. For those who have put forth dire predictions on what MIGHT happen in the future, I have asked how has Obamacare negatively impacted you so far. I can only remember one response that said Obamacare was costing him more money today. I could only assume from the lack of responses that we had a bunch of "Chicken Littles" in the audience.

Well, I was talking with my stepdaughter who is a teacher and whose school district beat the rush to move to Obamacare. She says many of the office visits and medical supplies needed (e.g. an epipen) are no longer covered. The amount of out-of-pocket payments she is making has sky-rocketed. Once she hits $5,000 of paid expenses for the year, the rest is gravy. But right now Obamacare is killing her.

I then asked my wife her opinion, since she is a teacher in a different Central Texas ISD. Same response. She had a minor medical procedure performed on her last week and the out-of-pocket cost to her had increased dramatically from the last time she had had the procedure done.

But I used Medicare Part B and got my flu shot for free.
Didn't know they cost nearly $300. Wow.

There's been a lot of predictions on this board and disbelief of what President Obama has proclaimed, starting from the many times he said that the congressional hearings on healthcare reform would be televised and they weren't.

That it wasn't going to add "a dime" to the national debt.
That you would be able to keep your doctor.
That you would be able to keep your insurance.

One of the major problems is that Obamacare is a wide set of regulations. We are getting to "the pain" part where people now have to reach into their pockets. The base isn't going to like paying a fine, having to pay for services they were getting for free, or finding that their doctors won't see them anymore.
I have been very neutral thus far in assessing the impact of Obamacare. For those who have put forth dire predictions on what MIGHT happen in the future, I have asked how has Obamacare negatively impacted you so far. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
The only way it has affected my business is our insurance went substantially in the past two years.

We are not exactly in "ObamaCare" per say, but our insurance carrier as simply said everything is going up because of it.

We furnish a complete health care package to all of our employs.
Of course it is going up a insurance company won't miss a chance to screw us.
Insurance premiums have been going up every year.irrespective of the affordable care act.
Yes, but like Jackie S, mine went up more than usual and my deductibles and co-pays doubled.
My copay went down. got free yearly physical.
  • Old-T
  • 10-03-2013, 08:22 AM
As far as I can tell my coverage did not change. Premium went down a few dollars, but essentially flat.
I'm going to save a shitload of money every month, with a deductible that Is manageable.

Every choice I have provides better coverage and/or lower deductible and costs a lower premium than what I've been paying for over the past two decades.

wish their website was better. But if you're an individual insured -- or self-employed -- you've got great choices now.
bump
I'm going to save a shitload of money every month, with a deductible that Is manageable.

Every choice I have provides better coverage and/or lower deductible and costs a lower premium than what I've been paying for over the past two decades.

wish their website was better. But if you're an individual insured -- or self-employed -- you've got great choices now. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You're lying.
LINK ...
  • CJ7
  • 10-04-2013, 11:00 AM
You're lying. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

this comes from the guy that refuses to participate in AHCA ... Bet he is well informed based on his experience .