Cooking 101

Anybody here like to cook?

I believe that LexieInHouston is a cook/chef so I know she likes to cook. But does anybody else like to show their culinary skills in the kitchen?

I don't brag about much. You won't hear me braggin' about the size of my dick or how well I can lay the pipe. But I damn sure will brag about my cooking skills. I've always said that if I can't make a woman fall for me with my bedroom skills I'll sure as hell get her with my cooking. LOL

So, who else like to cook and what are some of your best dishes?

I can make a great spinach lasagna. I also do a great beef wellington. Some other things I do pretty well are pecan crusted chicken, minestrone soup, turkey chili and pretty damn good barbeque as well. I also make a mean batch of chocolate chip pecan cookies.
I make awesome manicotti - including making the crapes from scratch.

Lasagna is pretty good (as well as my spaghetti sauce)

And I love to grill - salmon and chicken with "secret" spices
I am well versed in the kitchen, with what I consider to be a good palate.

I make great cheese stuffed manicotti, fried potatoes with suasage and peppers, and I can bake with the best. I make a pineapple upside down cake that rocks. My baked breads are legedary at family get togethers.
I wish I would have known when I was single how much women go for guys who cook. I make goulash, chicken parikash and some other ethnic dishes but my triple chocolate is legendary and lethal.
He Said: What did you make for dinner?

She Said: Reservations.

As a young man I was fortunate to date a lady who had taken culinary classes at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. It was a big deal at the time... of course they are all over the USA now. She taught me the art of cooking .... understanding the theory behind the actions. She didn't last but her training did.

I find it ironic now that... my cardiologist says I can't eat any of that stuff any more.

The 1940's Chambers stove I restored and used for decades ... it's still the primary attraction of my kitchen.
Fresh pasta
Breads, tortillas, pizza
Salad dressings
Grilled fish
Rotisseried rib roast
Sorbets
Varied chocolate desserts
Wine pairings
Fresh mozzarella (trying)

Her ads definitely caught my attention. One of the better ads out there.
I spent 12 years in food service working under 7 different chefs, but I went in Field Services IT since it makes more money now. I do have over 150 cookbooks. I am helping catering friend out now, to get some extra cash every week.
I can cook up a mean grilled cheese sandwich. Oh, and no one can heat up a cup of Ramen Noodle soup like I can.

My paella is famous. the garlic is great for the circulation. best fun is deboning the squid - closest thing ever to a wet pussy.
With chronic gout and hypertension I can't eat a lot of the things mention.
Jason's Dell is my friend lost ten pounds already on low sodium, no read meats and I eat vegetables and lots of fruit. Plenty of water also.
I wish I would have known when I was single how much women go for guys who cook. I make goulash, chicken parikash and some other ethnic dishes but my triple chocolate is legendary and lethal. Originally Posted by JayOnel
Girls definitely go for it. My younger brother was going out on his 3rd date with a girl and they were getting nowhere but he was going to give it one more try. I asked what he was going to do and he said go out to eat. I told him to cook something at his house instead. He said he couldnt cook and I told him you can grill a steak and make a salad right. Yes, so he did. The next day he had a grin from ear to ear and he asked me how I knew to do that. My reply was that I had never been to a restaurant yet where my bedroom was as close as it was to my own kitchen. Three kids and years later they are still going at each other.
I can make amazing toast, but I hate all the work that I have to put into it.
I once set some box springs on fire and cooked a goat on top of it.
A croc pot is your best friend when you are single and wanting to cook at home.
  • bbkid
  • 07-11-2010, 06:37 PM
I can scramble some mean eggs.