George Steinbrenner, RIP

He passed away today at the age of 80.

As a long time NY Yankees fan, I will miss him.

RIP.
He passed away today at the age of 80.

As a long time NY Yankees fan, I will miss him.

RIP. Originally Posted by CivilBarrister
He died of a heart attack ... I read about it while I was sitting in the cardiologist waiting room.... the guy next to me was eating a double bacon cheeseburger... I did the only logical thing ... I perused the ads on ECCIE...
  • bbkid
  • 07-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Like him or hate him, he did alot for our national pastime.

R.I.P., Boss.
Like him or hate him, he did alot for our national pastime.

R.I.P., Boss. Originally Posted by bbkid
I concur! I have never cared for the Yankee's but I am a lifelong baseball fan. He has been a dominant figure in the sport for an entire generation. RIP!
  • romab
  • 07-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Always hated Yanks and huge $ they had to spend. That aside he did bring emotions to the game which was a good thing. RIP Boss. Long live Red Sox
R
  • romab
  • 07-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Opps double post. Twitchy thumb, to small phone keys and semi blind due to age and electronic closeness to TMFT. Sorry

Always hated Yanks and huge $ they had to spend. That aside he did bring emotions to the game which was a good thing. RIP Boss. Long live Red Sox
R
Is it true that his last words, said with his dying breath, were "Go fuck yerself Obama; I'm dyin' this year so my family won't have to sell the friggin' baseball team in order to pay your stinkin' death tax!"?

If he did, now that's a great man. Just think, if he'd lived until 1 Jan 2011 his heirs would be several hundred million dollars poorer. Tyranny is always whimsical.