STDs

Does anyone have any idea how safe or unsafe this hobby is? Not starting a debate on BBFS, but let’s face it. Guys and girls in this hobby are barebacking someone in whether it’s in the hobby or their personal life.

What I’m wondering is do we think STDs in the hobby are common or not? Do most people have or have had something? What about HIV? Has there ever been a discussion on how much if at alll that has creeped into our world?

There’s no ulterior motive here for asking other than pure curiosity of how safe or not our community is.
  • dgc92
  • 12-13-2018, 12:30 AM
HIV is almost impossible to catch unless you're taking trips to Greece without a raincoat.

Herpes isn't that big a deal, I've done research on it. Boo-frickin'- hoo, your genitals have an itchy spot for a few days. I'm not out trying to get it, but come on. Don't act like it's a real disease.

HPV just causes warts in men, I think. Again, who cares? If I got a wart in a place where I didn't want one, I'd get it removed and go on with life.

Chlamydia is nothing. Pop some pills and you're all done.

Ghonnorea is chlamydia's big brother, but just as easily knocked out.

STDs aren't really your big concern. You know what's scary? Barebacking a provider who says she's on the pill, but she's not. Can anyone say "Ca-ching?"
Hasn't this very topic bounced around this site on multiple threads numerous times over the years?

The answer is : Of course it has.

So...do everyone a huge favor and simply do a little research and visit those threads of Christmas Past....while you may be new to this site, your inquiry and/or concern is not. I doubt seriously anyone's gonna say something per your question that hasn't been hashed over more times than Dak Prescott's been sacked this season.
HIV is almost impossible to catch unless you're taking trips to Greece without a raincoat.

Herpes isn't that big a deal, I've done research on it. Boo-frickin'- hoo, your genitals have an itchy spot for a few days. I'm not out trying to get it, but come on. Don't act like it's a real disease.

HPV just causes warts in men, I think. Again, who cares? If I got a wart in a place where I didn't want one, I'd get it removed and go on with life.

STDs aren't really your big concern. You know what's scary? Barebacking a provider who says she's on the pill, but she's not. Can anyone say "Ca-ching?" Originally Posted by dgc92
Haha, you're joking right? Not wanting to debate anything, but......
Gonorrhea has a lovely antibiotic resistant strain floating around. Not so easily knocked out anymore.
HPV can cause cancer in men and women. Life kinda doesn't go on quite the same.
I won't go on, I'm sure you get the idea

Bottom line, use covers to minimize your risk.
I guess the "Search" button ain't working.
Oh no not again , try Golf
don't touch or kiss or have sex with any one if you need to ask !!..
  • oeb11
  • 12-13-2018, 09:12 AM
answers on https://www.cdc.gov/std/
Those who wish to quote "research" in order to enable risky conduct are in denial
It is your life.

For those who participate in the "hobby" - it is safety not only for yourself, but others as well.

STDs aren't really your big concern. You know what's scary? Barebacking a provider who says she's on the pill, but she's not. Can anyone say "Ca-ching?" Originally Posted by dgc92
To add to the wisdom and advice of dgc92, It’s also safe to try crack, meth, or heroine at least once because it’s highly unlikely you will become addicted.
Gonorrhea has a lovely antibiotic resistant strain floating around. Not so easily knocked out anymore.

Bottom line, use covers to minimize your risk. Originally Posted by Laura Lynn

You beat me to it! Thanks for introducing facts into this thread.
  • dgc92
  • 12-13-2018, 10:39 AM

Bottom line, use covers to minimize your risk. Originally Posted by Laura Lynn
No, please, go on.

Because the gonnorhea you're talking about popped up in ONE guy, and it's cured now. https://www.livescience.com/62372-worst-ever-resistant-gonorrhea-cured.html

And HPV slightly increases your risk of getting highly unlikely cancers.

We're talking broad strokes here, not lottery winners. Take your sarcastic condescension somewhere people will be impressed by it. Thanks, and have a great day.

To add to the wisdom and advice of dgc92, It’s also safe to try crack, meth, or heroine at least once because it’s highly unlikely you will become addicted. Originally Posted by Golden Man
Well.... I didn't say that, but now that you mention it, yeah. Most people who use don't get addicted. So sure, try drugs too. World's your oyster. If you were looking for a risk-free existence, you picked the wrong universe. See my above comment about sarcastic condescension.

Nobody's making you guys do anything, why do I have ANYONE crawling up my ass about it? Are you safety nuts that insecure, really?
everyone who has the opinion that any STD is NOT a big deal is very naive. to get ACCURATE information, google the name of the STD you are curious about, and get a LEGITIMATE MEDICAL AUTHORITY VIEW- online
- IF YOU WANT To PLAY WITH FIRE, YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF GETTING BURNED -- A CONDOM IS YOUR BEST FRIEND
I've done extensive research on this and found that all of the guys will die after their junk shrivels up and falls off. The ladies will turn into one giant puss-filled boil and explode....it's true.
I've done extensive research on this and found that all of the guys will die after their junk shrivels up and falls off. The ladies will turn into one giant puss-filled boil and explode....it's true. Originally Posted by Hercules
Awesome visual....thanks.

Some guys on here are in super foul moods as of late. What gives? Everyone knows the risks of being here. Cover up or don't. Just do research on your playmates to help make informed decisions. Some gifts keep on giving and not in a good way.

Happy and safe hobbying folks!
personal experience here but i would rather hobby and "know" the woman im playing with has other partners rather than the RW where people lie to you about their activities

I get checked regularly and the only test i took that I didnt know the outcome was with a civilian(all clear)

Hobby safe..choose wisely