De'Von Bailey's family calls his death 'wholly unjustified' after Colorado Springs police release bodycam footage

here we go again! an "innocent" black suspect gunned down mercilessly by cruel hateful vindictive white officers!

Oh the humanity!

a note to Yssup Rider and Sistine Chapel .. RTM away boys! both suspects are 19. NO DICE!

as usual the video shows a completely different story than the leftist narrative of profiling .. because there was a report of an ARMED ROBBERY and these two men matched the description given by the victim.

and as usual the family in their "outrage" does not mention the ARMED ROBBERY that caused this in the first place.

De'Von Bailey's family calls his death 'wholly unjustified' after Colorado Springs police release bodycam footage

Vandana Ravikumar USA TODAYAugust 16, 2019

A black teenager whose death sparked an outcry in his Colorado hometown was running from police officers when he was shot four times, according to body camera footage and an autopsy report released Thursday.

The bodycam footage from the Colorado Springs Police Department shows De'Von Bailey, 19, running from two officers who were questioning him and another man about a reported robbery before being shot three times in the back and once in the back of his arm.

Bailey's family was "devastated" after seeing the "wholly unjustified killing of their family member," the family's attorneys said in a statement. The teen's family and friends had rallied this week in front of the city's police headquarters, demanding an independent investigation into his Aug. 3 death.

Colorado Springs police did not release a statement on Thursday.

In the graphic video footage from one of the officer's body-warn cameras, Bailey is seen with another individual, identified by CPR News in Colorado as his 19-year-old cousin, Lawrence Stoker.

19-year-old De'Von Bailey was fatally shot by police in Colorado Springs on August 3.

spare the mods your useless RTM's boys. 19 IS A MAN.

As one officer questions the teens, Bailey can be seen briefly touching his pocket before the officer tells him to keep his hands away from his pockets. He moves his hands away, making sure they're in view, and appears to exchange words with the officer before both teens put their hands in the air.

The first officer tells the two that the police are going to check and see if either of them have a weapon. Shortly after, a second officer can be seen approaching them from behind. As he does, Bailey turns his head briefly to the left before running away.

The first officer chases Bailey, shouting at him to keep his hands up before firing his gun. Eight gunshots can be heard in the video. Police officials said that both Sgt. Alan Van't Land and Officer Blake Evanson fired their weapons, CPR reported.

Bailey quickly falls to the ground, while the first officer yells "get your hands up" multiple times. The same officer then tells him to "get down on the ground," taking Bailey's arm as he lies nearly face-down in the street. Blood can be seen coming from his gunshot wounds.

The officers then handcuff Bailey. An object can be seen between his legs, which the officers believe to be a gun. They cut off his shorts to retrieve it.

It remained unclear on Thursday if the object was a gun.

Uh NO. it was shown in the VIDEO of the body cams of both officers IT WAS A GUN! Nice try USA TODAY!!!

Police said they were on the scene to respond to a robbery threat around 6:45 p.m. In the bodycam footage, one officer can be heard asking Bailey if he goes by the nickname "Spazz," the alleged name of the suspected robber.

"No, sir," Bailey said.

According to the coroner's report, Bailey was pronounced dead by 7:20 p.m.

The bullets that hit Bailey perforated his heart, left lung and diaphragm, in addition to penetrating his spleen, triggering massive blood loss that lead to his death, according to the coroner's report.

Darold Killmer, one of the family's attorneys, said the video's release made for a "crushingly difficult" day for the family.

"The video shows that there was no evidence to support that anybody was imminently at risk of being killed or harmed," Killmer told CPR. "The video shows that he was doing everything within his power in the six or eight or 10 steps that he could take to get away to, in fact, get away.... He did not have a weapon in his hand and had not shown any weapon when he was shot in the back."

Bailey's funeral is Friday in Colorado Springs.

Here is the FULL VIDEO. ALL OF IT. from three different officer's cam's, and the text of the 911 call of the ARMED ROBBERY that started this whole issue.

Yes. IT DOES SHOW THE ARMED ROBBERY SUSPECT SHOT TO DEATH.

FOR HAVING A CONCEALED WEAPON (GUN) AND RUNNING WHEN THE OFFICERS TOLD THE SUSPECTS THEY WOULD BE SEARCHED FOR WEAPONS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akxVtPC9TY0
Just another day in a scared white cop's life. Shoot first . . . .

Just another day in a scared white cop's life. Shoot first . . . .
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
exactly how you would react. didn't watch it, did ya? you couldn't have .. it's too long for such a reply/fast defense of a criminal.

you win the prize. when will Sistine Chapel reply with the same bullshit?

i posted this .. for you .. valued poster!

I've seen that movie before. Why is he a criminal? Judge, jury and . . . .

I'm trolling here . . . JUST FOR YOU!
I've seen that movie before. Why is he a criminal? Judge, jury and . . . .

I'm trolling here . . . JUST FOR YOU!

want me to post videos of black and hispanic officers shooting a black suspect?

let me know .. they are out there ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/u...er-charge.html

No Charges for San Francisco Officers in Deaths of 2 Knife-Wielding Men

So few and far between though.
So few and far between though. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

are they? or do you just want to claim they are? your narrative that white officers mercilessly gun down suspects who happen to be black is false.

the facts are .. the press on purpose exaggerates and reports any incident of a white officer who comes into contact with a black suspect while ... WHITEWASHING incidents where the officer is black.

remember the Somali immigrant officer who shot a white lady from Australia?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...an-who-n999706

Minneapolis police officer found guilty in shooting death of unarmed woman who called 911

notice the headline. DOES NOT say BLACK officer .. or WHITE victim

WHY???
It's just a fact. You want me to post the video of the officer who said something to the effect of "we only shoot black people"? You know the one.

Somewhere up north. Minnesota. I think. To a white lady who was scared shitless.
It's just a fact. You want me to post the video of the officer who said something to the effect of "we only shoot black people"? You know the one.

Somewhere up north. Minnesota. I think. To a white lady who was scared shitless. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

No, i don't. enlighten us, valued poster. i mean ... that's what you are here for, right???

Chase the laser!

Chase the laser!

where is the video?

inquiring posters want to know!

The world awaits ..
‘We only kill black people,’ a cop told a woman — on camera. Now he’ll lose his job.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...man-on-camera/

A female passenger can be heard telling the officer that she did not want to put her hands down to reach for her phone because, “I’ve just seen way too many videos of cops —.”

So it was Georgia. Go figure.

And he said "kill", not shoot.
‘We only kill black people,’ a cop told a woman — on camera. Now he’ll lose his job.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...man-on-camera/

So it was Georgia. Go figure.

And he said "kill", not shoot. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500

i don't subscribe to the Washington Post. so i'm not gonna watch the video, or read the article. if you want me to .. find it on youtube .. like i did. or post the article.

if that officer did say that .. FUCK HIM. HE SHOULD BE FIRED.

Feel better now, valued poster?

speaking of Georgia .. want me to post a video of a black lady claiming she doesn't have to sign a ticket and getting arrested?

it's out there ...
I don't dout it. A ticket is just an order to appear. Believe me. I've heard that after getting pulled over because uncle LEO was bored.

And it does make me feel better.

By the way, congrats on not going nuclear with your previous post on minority officers shooting other minorities. At least you didn't write that they shoot white kids. But we know why they don't. Right? Lack of fear.

I don't dout it. A ticket is just an order to appear. Believe me. I've heard that after getting pulled over because uncle LEO was bored.

And it does make me feel better.

By the way, congrats on not going nuclear with your previous post on minority officers shooting other minorities. At least you didn't write that they shoot white kids. But we know why they don't. Right? Lack of fear.

in some states you don't need to sign a ticket. in GA apparently you do .. no matter what race you are.

i can get around to posting it. and a white officer arresting a white woman for the same thing.

Oklahoma i think. it caused s a stink .. why? people claimed she should have been shot.

that is sick.

i'm busy at the moment .. or will be when my server reboots start shortly. i'll dig them both up. be a nice comparative on civil disobedience ... and why no one should try it.