I have 3 tvs connected to cable.

what do I need to ditch cable?
A firestick.
A firestick. Originally Posted by kehaar

one firestick or 3?
one firestick or 3? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
  • R.M.
  • 10-06-2019, 02:31 AM
Jail broke Fire stick. PM me if you want details.
Love my Firestick!! Got Vue for MLB playoffs.
Firestick vs Roku?
Roku is kind of limited as to the amount of apps that can be added/installed.

Firestick allows for more apps that can be downloaded and installed.

Plugging your laptop or PC into your HDTV via an HDMI cable gives you the most options. This turns your HDTV into a second PC monitor allowing you to display anything you see on your PC onto your HDTV.
Roku all the way an they just came out with roku sound bar all in one ,,,,
Roku all the way an they just came out with roku sound bar all in one ,,,, Originally Posted by rexdutchman

this?

https://www.roku.com/products/audio/roku-smart-soundbar

Plugging your laptop or PC into your HDTV via an HDMI cable gives you the most options. This turns your HDTV into a second PC monitor allowing you to display anything you see on your PC onto your HDTV. Originally Posted by Zollner

how limited is ROKU?
one thing.. is there an alternative for an old tv that is not HDTV?

this tv is fairly new. bought it when the HDTVs were $5000 at that time. the sony tv still works like a champ. bloody heavy tho.
I think all you need is a HDMI plug / I have a older tv also Not HD works great ,The Roku lets you "set the deff 1080/480 2180 or auto works well. As for the apps I haven't reached the limit yet And yes to the sound bar I have 3 TVs with roku now and going to upgrade to sound bar in one .

Plugging your laptop or PC into your HDTV via an HDMI cable gives you the most options. This turns your HDTV into a second PC monitor allowing you to display anything you see on your PC onto your HDTV. Originally Posted by Zollner
I use my PC hooked up to my HDTV to watch basketball games that are not broadcast on a TV channel. The problem is the streaming can be ridiculously slow and intermittent.