Veteran's Day

Thanks to all who have served in our armed forces.
Thank You!
For some it's a job, others a profession, and others a 'calling'.
It's not so much we did something no body else could. More, it's we did something few did.
You are welcome.

Once we decided that I was going to stay on and make a career of it, I focused on the eventual pension. The hope that we would have enough in our investment portfolio that along with my pension, we could support our family.

There may have been some miss-placed patriotism in me the first time I enlisted. But for each of my re-enlistments, there was none of that.

I hated the job. The insane hour longs, often going months at a time without a day off.
Late seeing this, but my personal thanks to all my veteran brothers and sisters. Although my generation had the draft, many also volunteered.

For all of those who served, for all who supported us, my eternal respect and gratitude.

Hooyah
I heard a veteran say didn't know what to say when someone told him Thank You, I just Semper Fi, Viet Nam class of 70.
Sgt USMC
I heard a veteran say didn't know what to say when someone told him Thank You, I just Semper Fi, Viet Nam class of 70.
Sgt USMC Originally Posted by Financeman22
My cynical side wants to say "and thank you for paying your taxes" - normally I just smile and echo Congressman Crenshaw "Never forget"
My cynical side wants to say "and thank you for paying your taxes" Originally Posted by mtabsw
I am a military retiree, so I still get a monthly paycheck. A few times I have been tempted to say "thank you for paying your taxes".