Baltimore: Jobs vs. Brutal Crimes.. Huh?

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2019/...oung-reaction/

the Mayor believes jobs are the answer to the city's crime problem. a seemingly age-old argument I have never understood. sure, these Hoodlums lack discipline and structure, but a job doesn't grant them those characteristics. in this economy, there are more jobs than ever for Teens, those who want work can get it, most likely.. unless they are hardened criminals. maybe $9 an hour is an insult, that they dismiss out of hand?

15 Teens surrounded this man.. why are 15 Teens roaming the fucking street? if these were Dogs (and they are, as far as I'm concerned), the Animal Control division would break them up, run them off. but these Mobsters have "rights", and the victims are the criminals, if they carry a weapon to defend themselves. therefore nothing can be done, UNTIL the mob strikes. good luck rounding up 15 animals after the fact. maybe we can get them to turn themselves in.. announce on the News that "we have your job waiting, please claim it".
Lemme guess, Maryland isn't a conceal carry state.

"Dey need gummit jobs!"
Lemme guess, Maryland isn't a conceal carry state.

"Dey need gummit jobs!" Originally Posted by gnadfly
neither is Cali.. not sure that would have dampened the shooter this morning, though.

but damn.. how can they let these Wolf Packs congregate? 15 of them?! arrest their parents.. good luck finding Papa, I get it.
neither is Cali.. not sure that would have dampened the shooter this morning, though.

but damn.. how can they let these Wolf Packs congregate? 15 of them?! arrest their parents.. good luck finding Papa, I get it. Originally Posted by Chung Tran

Parents might already be in jail.

It is fortunate for the victim that Chicago does not allow citizens to carry a gun. If he would have shot one of these young people, he would probably be prosecuted.
  • oeb11
  • 11-14-2019, 04:40 PM
CT - they are out there because they have no family parental supervision or control.

Their family is their gang.
Fact of life in the slum/barrio/streets.

not trying to patronize you - You make a good point.

jobs for those with no job skills other than selling crack cocaine is a ridiculous venture.

but damn.. how can they let these Wolf Packs congregate? 15 of them?! arrest their parents.. good luck finding Papa, I get it. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Because Freddie Gray's family got a 6 million dollar settlement from Maryland and Baltimore.

Because in the aftermath of Gray's death, the Mayor of Baltimore let riots happens and told the police to back off.

Because when it happened President Obama didn't do anything to quell the situation and basically used it to promote racial tension.

Because Baltimore's police failed to book criminals, even patrol crime ridden areas, and quit in large numbers.

How's that memory? I'm serious. Go get tested.

Maybe you should vote for Trump! (again?)
CT - they are out there because they have no family parental supervision or control.

Their family is their gang.
Fact of life in the slum/barrio/streets.

not trying to patronize you - You make a good point.
Originally Posted by oeb11
I suppose so.. but the Parent(s) need to get control, early.. I realize it isn't easy for some of them, but don't spit out the kids if you aren't willing to be a Parent.

Because Freddie Gray's family got a 6 million dollar settlement from Maryland and Baltimore.

Because in the aftermath of Gray's death, the Mayor of Baltimore let riots happens and told the police to back off.

Because when it happened President Obama didn't do anything to quell the situation and basically used it to promote racial tension.

Because Baltimore's police failed to book criminals, even patrol crime ridden areas, and quit in large numbers.

How's that memory? I'm serious. Go get tested. Originally Posted by gnadfly
kind of sad, yet in keeping with this derision-oriented Forum, that you couldn't help making a cheap shot, after the good points you made. sorry I don't follow Baltimore as close as you.

Maybe you should vote for Trump! (again?) Originally Posted by friendly fred
maybe I should.. I got 355 days to decide.
I suppose so.. but the Parent(s) need to get control, early.. I realize it isn't easy for some of them, but don't spit out the kids if you aren't willing to be a Parent. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
This thread is showing your true conservative colors again.

How dare you imply that having kids should also have responsibility. The nanny state is there for that.
  • oeb11
  • 11-15-2019, 08:53 AM
I suppose so.. but the Parent(s) need to get control, early.. I realize it isn't easy for some of them, but don't spit out the kids if you aren't willing to be a Parent.

DPST welfare policies destroyed the minority family structure - There are not parental structures to control the kids they spit out

And the thought of being responsible for the kids One fathers or mothers - when DPST welfare is there controlling - is nonsense.
DPD wants to go after all family member of "gang" thugs and the Liberals going BSC over the Good idea , Sad the DPST really don't ant to stop crime ,and yet the sex war continues full speed.