B aldwin Shooting Update: Well, Did He or Didn't he?

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/gun-rust-s...015300975.html

Baldwin didn't pull the trigger.

Oh, but he DID.
He’ll get charged for impersonating an asshole.
was there a real bullet in the gun? was the spent round recovered?
He’ll get charged. Impersonating an asshole.
This whole story has been weird.
He’ll get charged. Impersonating an asshole. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
... No worrys - YOU will never be charged with that, mate.

If you are - I will speak in your defence! ...

"He's NOT impersonating one, your honour...." ...

Rather bleedin' obvious that Alec Baldwin was NOT trying
to kill anyone. He was practicing the scene.

A tragic accident - but ACCIDENT never the less.

#### Salty

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Agreed ! However we all know to never point a firearm at anyone, anytime.
was there a real bullet in the gun? was the spent round recovered? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
It has been a long time now, but from what I recall from the early reports: It was a live round and the bullet passed through the deceased and was recovered from the shoulder of the person standing behind her.

I do not believe that there has ever been any question that the bullet came from the revolver that Baldwin was holding.

There was quite literally "a smoking gun" in his hand.
In tghe past few years, the liberal media and anti-gun activists have been confusing the term, "Gun Safety" with the term, "Gun Control".

Gun Safety has always meant rules and practices that ensure the safe handling of firearms. One of these is to always treat any firearm as a loaded weapon when it is handed to you and immediately inspecting its condition to see if it is loaded or unloaded. These Gun Safety rules and practices are to ensure that an accidental discharge does not occur.

Baldwin, in interviews has said he did not do that.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
An accident, sure. I think everyone agrees on that. Which means that the charge will be something like manslaughter or negligent homicide . . .something serious but mot murder.

However, I think that Baldwin and a few others may be culpable on another level as producers or management with administrative responsibilities for safety on-set. The early indications were that the Prop Master was not in an at-fault situation with the authorities.
The load in the single action revolver was probably equivalent to what is used in Cowboy Action match’s, about a 250 grn lead round nose slug with a muzzle velocity around 800 fps.

There were obviously major fuck ups in this whole sordid chain of events.

While the criminal culpability might not rise to the most severe level, the civil liability will be through the roof.

Remember. There is a dead woman, stricken down in the prime of her life.
It has been a long time now, but from what I recall from the early reports: It was a live round and the bullet passed through the deceased and was recovered from the shoulder of the person standing behind her.

I do not believe that there has ever been any question that the bullet came from the revolver that Baldwin was holding.

There was quite literally "a smoking gun" in his hand. Originally Posted by ICU 812
a live round in the chamber, not blanks?. I would have thought blanks were used during rehearsals and direct camera shoots. I'm aware that blanks can sometimes injure or kill someone, but this is a live round. a different kettle of fish.

I understand that the weapons prop master was cleared? how did this happen?

somebody on the set is lying.
My speculation, based on what I recall from the initial flurry of news reporting, is that the prop master's safety rules and protocols were often undermined by management for reasons of expediency and thrift. The live ammo was untheorized, and I think, brought onto the worksite by movie folks who did off-site shooting with some of the guns.

This is the kind of thing that can happen when the traditional concept of "Gun Safety" (the safe handling of firearms) is usurped by the anti-gun movement to mean the banning of gun ownership by private citizens.
When I was a kid NRA gun safety classes were widely available and even encouraged. And this was in liberal Ann Arbor.
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...VwQ9QF6BAgAEAQ

I recently watched "One For The Money" about a twenty-something gal who needs a job that pays better than minimum wage and chooses chasing bail jumpers for a bondsman she's acquainted with. A shaky basis for a plot, but ok maybe. She finds she needs a little something to back herself up, other than her sexy presence (pretty hot chick, of course)
So she gets her admirer to buy her a snub-nose, cause 'she doesn't have a permit', loans it to her and off she goes bounty hunting.
Later she's eating dinner with her family and her grandma(?) grabs the gun and starts playing with it. Winds up shooting the roast chicken that's in the center of the dining room table. Guess the chicken stopped the bullet, no worries huh? This is supposed to be funny.
I couldn't watch anymore.

As I write this I got thinking it's really not much more stupid than the 80mph car chases thru traffic. Maybe less cause a 4000 lb vehicle at 80mph is more lethal. And Hollywood's been make-believing that for years. In fact the first couple years I even enjoyed them.

Oh yeah... my point? If you're playing make-believe with stuff like this for a living it's easy to understand why you'd get careless with gun handling. Shit happens